[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a 20yr old NEET whos been applying for jobs since march
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: Mcdonalds-95-logo.png (57 KB, 604x510) Image search: [Google]
Mcdonalds-95-logo.png
57 KB, 604x510
I'm a 20yr old NEET whos been applying for jobs since march and i've been either ignored or rejected by everything other than mcdonalds which has given me two interview invitations, i declined the first because my fucking mum kept yelling at me to find a better job, but then i applied again after a week of more job rejections and they gave me another interview, which i have in one hour. But my mum is giving me shit again, should i ignore her and go or wait for a better job opportunity.
>>
>>17260503
Some advice. Take the McJob until you find something better. Be persistent, there's countless other people like you applying for jobs. Your mom is being a cunt btw. Move out when you can, trust.
>>
File: 1452729891472.gif (2 MB, 350x196) Image search: [Google]
1452729891472.gif
2 MB, 350x196
Dude fuck your mom. Not literally. She shouldn't give you shit for getting a job, even if it's McDonalds. It's a stepping stone onto something better, that's what she doesn't understand. She should be glad you are getting an opportunity, she shouldn't shoot you down. Take the McDonalds job despite all the shit she says, and maybe in 6 months or a year apply to a higher up resturaunt or fast food place. Take the opportunities that you get, because you may not get any others. Good luck.

>>17260512
One more person who agrees
>>
>>17260512
This. McJobs don't have a lot of redeeming features, but they do have a couple. The shift-based nature of the work allows you to pursue better opportunities, and the high churn rate means that managers understand these things.

This is not a forever job. This is a stepping stone, a way to get some cash flow and stop the employment gap from getting any larger. If your mother does not understand this, then ignore her; that mindset is foolish and dangerous.
>>
>>17260518
OP here, alright thanks i'm about to go to the interview. Shes just gonna have to deal with it.
>>
>>17260503
Point out to your mum that McD has a policy of promoting from within, and you have a better chance of moving up to a managerial level there than with just about any other entry level job.

(You probably won't stay around long enough to move up, but it really is a possibility)
>>
don't be ashamed of hand labor.
it counts as experience as well.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.