[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm afraid my therapist will report me to the police
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Today I admitted to my therapist I'm attracted to kindergardeners . He just sorta asked me about my child hood, what specifically I find attractive about them etc. He also asked me about what gender I find attractive and if I've ever acted out these thoughts. I said no ( Its the truth) and he said ok and talked about how I should consider coming back for more appointments to talk about it. He says that like many things of this nature, the more you try to bottle it up the more it becomes a frustration. He also says it's a slight worry how I lack empathy for others and he thinks it's really beneficial for me to talk to someone about my attraction. I'm afraid he's going to call the police. I haven't done anything illegal or wrong. :( Sorry it's pretty much incoherent
>>
>>17259757
He legally can't tell the police unless you say that you've hurt someone or are planning on hurting someone.
>>
>>17259757
Well, you already told him. If he's going to call the police, you've already made your bed. Know what I mean? Going back and talking more about it isn't going to change whether or not he calls/called. He either did it already (he didn't, you're still around) or he has no intention to ( he doesn't, because you're still around).

So follow his advice and keep getting help. Society wants to cure pedophiles, not waste resources on them. If you can be cured, the therapist will do everything they can to cure you, because you desperately need curing. Calling police is a last resort when they perceive you have harmed a child.
>>
While it's legal to disclose that kind of information to law enforcement if somebody's being bodily or mentally harmed in some way, you are not doing that. That's the legal side.

On the other hand, if you disappeared after confessing your sins and never seeking any further help with it, he might be more likely to get chatty.
>>
>>17259757
The good news is, you have your seat saved in the party van!
>>
>>17259757
Doctor-patient confidentiality.

He is bound by law to keep his mouth shut outside of special situations. So unless you attack a child or something, nothing you say to that therapist can ever be used against you.
>>
>>17259757
Yeah, if you were going to get arrested for thoughts you have had while mentally ill (as you wouldn't see a shrink when healthy) the prisons would be fucking overflowing by now. That attraction is likely to do with the reasons you are seeing a shrink in the first place, so you have to work through it one way or another to get better.

Just keep going back and keep being honest.
>>
>>17259757
Hes not gonna call the police. It's good that you told him this anyway. Hopefully he can help.
>>
>>17259757
lmao
how stupid are you?
hope you end in jail and registered as a sex offender for you stupidity.
Keep that shit to yourself next time you tool.
>>
>>17260465
>you tried to get help, what an asshole

Thats how you sound fuckwit. Would you rather he didn't get helped and ended up diddling kids?
>>
>>17260465
What so he can bottle it up and go and actually molest a kid? You fucking stupid or something?
>>
>>17260478
>>17260481
If you really need other people to stop you from molesting little kids, you are beyond salvation imo.
>>
>>17259762
This. It's a power->responsibility thing, interacting with the doctor/patient relationship. If he is convinced that you have acted out or are about to act out, he MUST report you, but if he is not convinced, then he CANNOT report you (he can lose his license if he does).
>>
>>17260508
Not everyone needs help, sure. But what about people that wouldn't molest kids if they had gotten help?

Use your fucking brain for fucks sake. You hate pedophiles and yet don't give a fuck about actually trying to prevent kids from being molested. You are a hypocrite, an asshole, and deserve a giant kick in the nuts.
>>
>>17259757
in the US it is much, much worse to admit this attraction than to sympathize with terrorist
>>
>>17259757
You haven't given him any reason to call the cops, and he sounds fairly understanding about your situation. He just wants to help you. You can't be charged with anything, so chill out.
>>
>>17260515
Actually, he can.

The laws vary by state, but a lot of Southern states have passed laws compelling doctors to pass on information like this.

Unless he's broken the law, he can't be jailed, of course. But that doesn't mean the police won't start a file.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.