[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we vent and others offer advice or solutions to our problems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: this.jpg (21 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
21 KB, 600x330
>>
Have absolutely no motivation with anything in life

Once i start as soon as it gets too hard i stop

I know how much it fucking sucks but i just dont care enough
>>
>>17258724
This probably hits home with most people, myself included. From an outsider looking in, it's easy and simple to say that you just need to do it and trudge through the agony/boredom/frustration/etc. of going through the thing you need to do.

The first 5 minutes of a task are usually the most agonizing, after that your brain just sort of accepts that you're going to do it and then you can carry out whatever you're going to do.

As far as motivation goes, just completely forget about motivation as a thing. Motivation is great when it happens, but by and large, you can't just sit around waiting to be motivated. You just have to go out there and do aforementioned trudging through agony until it becomes automatic or a habit and you no longer have to fight with yourself to do it.

Meh, it's all stuff you already know, but sometimes hearing it from someone else makes a difference.
>>
>>17258712
I want to fail, I reject and refuse to talk to women, I undereat or vomit once or twice a week to fuck up my bulk, I droped out of college, and in general I drag my heels when it comes to things like showering and getting to bed because I know it will fuck up my schedule

I'm motivated to be successful but deep down I think that I don't deserve success because I am worthless. Nothing you can say or do will help me get over this, I will be a loser for the rest of my life. I fucking love attention I'm a fucking attention whore who comes on 4chan and bitches and moans, please reply to my post I'm a whiny little bitch
>>
I have a similar problem in that I want to do everything, but I can never commit to one. I have 10000000 projects started and in various states of completion but none complete. I can never finish before I get distracted, it feels like someone taking a giant syringe and sucking all my energy out of Project One and into Project Two and I can't seem to ever stop it or force myself to finish Project One before moving on. Ugh it's killing me
>>
My girlfriend dumped me with out giving me reason in a text. No closure or anything just done after a year with her. I fucking hate the feeling remembering her and feeling an empty gap in my heart. Also why the fuck are hot pockets so damn fucking hot when I leave em in over one second more and cold like a fucking ice berg one second under.
>>
Did you actually make an /adv/ thread on /adv/? Why?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.