[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What to do if a person wants to date/dates you and you clearly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: image%3A403545.jpg (148 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image%3A403545.jpg
148 KB, 1280x720
What to do if a person wants to date/dates you and you clearly see (s)he loves the idea of you and not you?
They'll be heartbroken if you reject them, but you get heartbroken if you like their flaws otherwise.
>>
>>17257498
>What to do if a person wants to date/dates you and you clearly see (s)he loves the idea of you and not you?

try them on, dump them if they're annoying. but using people for validation is a-ok with me, might not be for you.
>>
Choose yourself over them in this situation.
>>
File: donthurtme.jpg (34 KB, 382x262) Image search: [Google]
donthurtme.jpg
34 KB, 382x262
I would say that you avoid it OP. I know this is 4chan so I don't want to wax too poetic or blogpost but this happened to me and it fucked me up hard.

It was awful roller coaster of a relationship that I am surprised lasted as long as it did.

If you go for it OP, enjoy constantly reminded by your significant other that you aren't living up to their expectations of 'who you really are.'

Be prepared to constantly hear about you how you should feel and behave. My ex would literally get pissed that I didn't enjoy certain hobbies they thought I 'should enjoy.'

It will fuck with your self-esteem and your sense of identity. It also just plain sucks to feel like you're a failure just for not conforming to another person's narrow expectations.

Live for yourself.
>>
>>17257498
>loves the idea of you and not you
What does this mean?
>>
>>17258103
That someone doesn't really know you, they just think they do.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.