[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suicide?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 267x189
Hey advice, you guys helped me out so much in the past and I appreciate all of you anons. During this saga of my life; I'm thinking of taking a semester off from my 4 year university and working. I plan on returning in the Spring, but I just don't have the money to continue right now. This would be my second year in college. Right now I'm a graphic designer making 12$ a hour. My family is super poor and my mother and I are the only ones in our family of five with an income. What should I do?
>>
Self bump
>>
An hero
>>
>work
>support family
>go back to school when you can

If your family is super poor and you and your mom are the only ones with an income, what the fuck do you think the consequence will be for them? Immense trauma, mother with intense guilt, scarring your other family members, funeral costs, less money, etc.
If you want to 'get out', do something you like. Hike, play sports, shitpost on 4chan, talk to friends, read a book, whatever. Just don't commit suicide. Everyone will be worse off.
>>
>>17255771

This is going to be long, but bear with me.

Are the other people in your household able to work? or underage?

school is more important, from the way you're talking I'm going to assume you're pretty early on in your university career.

Trudge through and focus on your schooling. If you're poor, apply for financial aid and you should qualify for a shit ton of grant money that you don't have to spend on just classes. Take out loans if you have to, and start building up your credit paying it back slowly. This in turn will make it easier to get a credit card, so you can have more and pay back slowly over a period of time.

There are ALWAYS other options in any given situation. If you're all struggling, there is help out there.

Need money for doctors? They have volunteer doctors out there so you don't have to worry. Need food? Churches will give out food, or you can fill out for food stamps. Everyone in your family can find ways to help, as well, even if they're not working. Need to go to the hospital? A lot of hospitals offer financial programs that if you qualify will let you pay a bare minimum (usually around a hundred dollars instead of a couple thousand dollars, and you can pay it back slowly).

But I'll say it again, do not quit schooling no matter what, it's the difference between this situation lasting forever and a sound future.

Things get hard in life but it's never set in stone, things will get much harder but they'll also get a lot easier.
>>
>>17255876
I play rugby for a d1 college. I started as a freshmen. I have a lot on my plate and I don't know what to think anymore.
>>
>>17255934
Thanks anon. That actually helped my descion. I will continue to go to school and ride with the blows of the unknown. Did you go to a University? If so, how was your experience?
>>
>>17255934
My brother is a robot. He dropped out of JC two years ago and been leeching off of us. He hasn't been working and he browses the interwebs. He's a neet. My sister goes to a local JC but she hasn't been working. I could've been like them too if I haven't of played rugby in high school and smoked my first marijuanas with a teammate.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.