[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to hold an interesting conversation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: téléchargement (2).png (6 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
téléchargement (2).png
6 KB, 228x221
On the rare ocasions I talk to grills I seem to hit a blank sometimes and the conversation just seems to die out. I'd also like to learn some games you can play that allow you to get a grasp at peoples personalities (example: House quizz)
>>
I used to be like this.

All it takes is asking and responding to questions.
And most of the time it doesn't matter what the questions are.

You : Hey anon have you been here?

Anon : No i haven't but have wanted to go.

You : Yea i've been once but would really like to go again, there was this shop that sold this awesome peppermint dildos i want to try.

Anon : i've got one of those! I could lend you mine.

you : That sounds swell cindy lou.

It's really just small talk. I could never understand small talk.

I mean i really didn't give a shit about the weather and when people say " its such a nice day"
They're trying to engage you in conversation with an ice breaker. They use something obvious that you both are experiencing.

So tl;dr, learn small talk and ask random shit.
It doesn't take much time to get over the mental blanks.
>>
>>17252136
Don't focus on keeping the conversation going.

If you fee it slipping into awkwardness: just think of some really Alpha way to exit the situation. Act like some other girl just texted you and you have to go call her because she's in labor with your child.
>>
Don't fill silence with meaningless babble, it just makes you look weak. If the ball is in her court to be responsive, allow her to be the awkward one, there's no need for you to fill that role.
>>
>>17252136
Play Truth or dare. or would you rather.
>>
>>17252608
how do you transition to that?
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 251x205) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 251x205
>>17252136
>>17252136
>be me
>brother has graduation party
>friends and family is invited
>dad invites friends from high-school, they bring their families, daugthers
>sit down and talk to girl my age
>we talk about hobbies, both of us are active equestrians
>she invites me to come to her graduation party later this month
>also invites me to visit their place and try their horses
>mfw everything went better than expected

Just talk about something that is of mutual interest to both of you, hobbies, friends, music, movies, whatever. It should flow along naturally. Don't forget to be calm and to not over-analyze the situation and her reactions
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.