[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Running from the police
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Got in some shit, facing 3 1/2 years in prison, class I felony. Everyones saying im not even gonna sit, people who have been in way worse trouble are telling me im just gonna get a few years probation tops, maybe 6 months in county. But i'm scared. I have determined that if I have to sit for longer than 2 years I'm most likely gonna just leave the state.

I have some questions.

First of all, do states extradite to other states? Would like to know the details of this, obviously they would if my crime was more severe but my crime isn't really that severe. No one was injured.

Second of all, Where to? I'm from the midwest and, like many my age, when I was a bit younger I had the pipe dream of running away and moving out west. I did a decent bit of research on this topic. I have family in vegas and california. I've always thought that the town of eugene, oregon looks beautiful and have kept it in the back of my head for awhile, and legal weed is nice.

How will this affect my ability to get into school or student loans, or open a business in the future? This was not a drug related crime

How underground do I have to go and for how long? I feel exiled from my home town, I feel like im about to be banished from where I was born and raised

Anyone ever go through anything like this? any and all help is appreciatied
>>
don't do the crime if you can't pay the time
>>
If you are a suspect and have a warrant against you the police in all states will help each other to catch you. Find a good Lawyer and he'd tell you what to do but expect turning yourself in and getting a plea deal.
>>
>>17252022
>First of all, do states extradite to other states?
Ok, I'll take the bait.

Firstly, states are autonomous regions, not seperate countries. If you could evadw the consequences of your actions by simply crossing state lines there would be a few years of absolute anarchy as people raped, pillaged and murdered their way across the US, until you ended up with all three hundred and twenty million people living in Alaska and being really well behaved as they had no where left to run to.

Secondly, a wanted felon residing in the state in which the felony was commited is soley under the jurisdiction of that state's law enforcement. However, crossing state lines leaves him subject not only to the law enforcement in the new state, but also the FBI.
>>
>>17252337
I have a good lawyer already, this is what im expecting im gonna end up having to do.
>>
>>17252341
If he has some Native American blood he could hide at a reservation.
>>
>>17252366
Is this true? Can't they still find you?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.