[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When it comes to Relationship versus Education, how do you choose?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: leftorright.gif (998 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
leftorright.gif
998 KB, 500x250
When it comes to Relationship versus Education, how do you choose?
I don't want to regret a life altering decision.
>>
What exactly is the dilemma here?
>>
>>17251564
>Currently in LDR
>Applied to attend College A & College B
>Gf plans to work near College A
>Planning to move in together
>Recent changes to College A has made it difficult for me to pursue education route
>College B is the better choice if that's all i'm interested in
>College B means extending the LDR
>If we're both 'Full-Time' and unable to close distance I could lose her
>She is my everything

What do?
>>
>>17251600
Well as someone who once thought of his lover as his everything, I can safely say you should become fiscally secure first and foremost. I'd say you should put your studies first. I shirked my studies, thought everything would be okay, and I was cheated on for several months. The end result was an awful break up that I have still not fully recovered from.
>>
Education > Relationship
>>
>>17251600
See
>>17251632

That chick ain't your everything. You stop giving her attention, and she'll go and find some piece of shit to replace you in a fucking heartbeat. Apply focus to yourself and the betterment of your develop. Then see if she can understand and stick around through THAT, and if she can, then that's real.

Otherwise, it's just a bunch of bullshit.
>>
>>17251558
Education.

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 8 years. Some of them were LDR because of education.
I know he's my life partner. I'll always put effort in our relationship, and he'll do the same. We'll do our best to be together every minute we can. I have zero doubts about this and I'll always work my ass off for our relationship to work.
But when I'm 30, 40, 50 I want to wake up next to a happy man. That's more important than waking up next to HIM - I want to know he's happy and I've done my best for him to get there. I want to be a positive influence in his life and motivate him to become a person he can be proud of. I want him to never regret anything he did to be with me. This means that he has to pursue education and work hard on his career in his 20s. This means that we make some sacrifices. I think they're worth it because I know how much being good at his job means to him.
I always thought about it in these terms: when I'm 50 I don't want to walk home from a shitty job and see my frustrated husband that blames me for never having done anything great. I want to come home from the hospital where I work as a doctor, and talk to my happy husband who is super excited about his job. I rather not being with him than knowing I made his life worse.
>>
>>17251558
>let a woman crush my soul

Or...

>further my career and better my life
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.