[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God save me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: FB_IMG_1454511261121.jpg (31 KB, 444x720) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1454511261121.jpg
31 KB, 444x720
So, currently I am in my bed with my laptop afraid of getting off the bed. Why? Because I saw a large rat, like the size of a fucking TV remote rat. I would be fine if they were mice do their small size but this is just horrifying. What should/could I do? Could I walk down stairs to my mom's and dad's bedroom? Run to my brothers room next door and let him make me seem like a coward? The rat was under my bed, ran to straight to my closet, and is now under my desk which is not so far away from my bed. I could sleep now, but the idea of a large rat could be hiding in my room will haunt me in my dreams. Is it possible to kill myself with a Galaxy note pen?
>>
File: HOLOCAUST JOKE.png (762 KB, 800x1280) Image search: [Google]
HOLOCAUST JOKE.png
762 KB, 800x1280
Please show us pics of your disgusting pig-sty disaster that you call a 'living space' first

How the fuck do you even get rats
>>
>>17250525
I have to be honest with you on this one.

Firstly:
Rats can climb bed posts. They are just as freaked out of you as you are of them. Stay in your bed and sleep. If you breathe loud enough, the rat won't bother you. If you brushed your teeth before you went to bed, your breath won't draw the rat to you. They are drawn to the smell of rotting food, which is what causes the smell of bad morning breath.
If you didn't, I'm sorry, it's going to come bite you while you are asleep.

Secondly: Rats go wherever they feel like. If you don't hear it anymore, it may just have gone to bother you brother or your parent.

Thirdly:
>>17250531
They may be the tidiest, neatest people in the world. If the neighbors are disgusting pigs, then chances are high that they will get rats.
>>
>>17250525
You think that's big, google "rats in Tembisa"

I went to Tembisa and Alexandria. Fucking rats that are twenty to thirty five inches long that come into people's houses and eat their babies. You don't have a fucking big rat there.
>>
>>17250592
I remember when this picture came in the papers. I freaked and never wanted to go to Tembisa
>>
>>17250531
I'll just describe as much as I can.
Imagine a horribly smelly room that smells like a dead animal, but there is no dead animal. And I have some soda cansand water bottles on the floor. Despite the horrible odor and trash on the floor its k.
They probably get into the hole we have in our backyard that connects wires to our lights.

>>17250585

"Can climb" just made me even more scared. But oh well.

>>17250592
Thanks for warning me to never move there.

>>17250596

What the fuck.
>>
I had rats at my last place. We killed 13 with traps over the months. The rats gave me the hebee-jebees. They are like squirrels and can go anywhere. They were in the ceiling and the walls. They would enter our place from under the dishwasher in the kitchen and then were in the kitchen pretty much every night it. It was horrifying once it got dark, i never wanted to leave me room, bc every time i walked into the kitchen a rat was in there running as fast as he could to under the dishwasher (and these things are lighting quick). There were several times they brushed against my foot as they ran. It was basically a nightmare. But my dumbass roommate/landlord is the one at fault. For one, she was extremely cheap and basically mad us keep all the lights out all the time. So our place was always dark. Rats hate light. They only came out in the dark and ran for cover as soon as you turned on the lights.
>>
>>17250585
>rats are attracted to smell of rotting food.
False. Rats are attracted to the smell of ANY food. Obviously they prefer non-rotting food but they will eat anything.
Another reason my roommate was a dumbass in that she stockpiled food like a nutcase, not food that rotted but dry goods. Our kitchen cabinets were all jam packed and over flowing, we had so much overflow it was all over the counters and table. We even built a make-shift set of shelves in the dining room and that was soon overflowing. She was nuts in the amount of food she would buy...way too much for her to eat so our food supply kept growing. Literally we had dry goods overflowing everywhere in the kitchen. To make it worse she was so cheap she bought an old beat up house and didn't fix it up, so easy for rats to find cracks to get in. Rats have babies and multiple at a high rate and all they are doing is looking for food. They are scavengers. If you don't want rats, keep as little food as possible at your place and the rats will be more attracted to your neighbors with more food. Also if your place isn't sealed good, the smell of food leaks out and attracts rats
>>
I know they're not rats but I solved my ridiculous mice problem with a cat and this little buzzing plug in light thing It's like a little sphere that emits a barely audible whining, it's really really annoying if you happen to zero in on it and can't ignore it at night, but there's no more mice squeaking and scurrying in the walls. Hopefully they're gone for good and not just out enjoying summer.

Try those + clean ya room, any crumbs in your rug or swept of to the cooks where the floor meets the wall will be like a beacon to rodents. They really seem drawn to clutter.
>>
>>17251462
Will do, and try to get rid of the odor in my room.
Anyway, the rat doesn't seem like a problem now. I fell asleep with the light on, I am hoping that it left my room. I don't want one of those dirty fuckers in here.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.