[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This fucking world makes me sick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (109 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
109 KB, 1920x1080
I've been becoming real disgusted with everything. For instance, the death of that singer yesterday. I usually do not care which is another issue on its own but I am bothered by it and I don't know why. I wasnt a fan or too familiar with her music. She was young and had her whole life, it shouldn't had happened, to her or anyone. I go on /b/ to find humor in everything but I am disgusted that there are threads about her and getting her nudes and shit. Now, there has been a massacre at a nightclub by some fucking ISIS wannabe cocksucker. I am repulsed by all of this shit.
I'm now SJW so I won't start going on a crusade to xensor people because I don't like it. I know this is the world but it makes me wish that I was fucking dead because I deplore all this shit. I don't want to go on a rampage because I don't want to hurt anyone. I haven't felt like this since 9/11, I am in NYC so I remember it clearly. What the fuck is going on with me?
>Inb4 get a therapist.
>>
>>17249039
>Don't go to /pol/
>get off the net in general if you can, read in your free time or something

You seem like a good person. Try to accept that the world is filled with violence and suffering, most people can't or don't.
>>
>>17249039
There is a Quote from the Movie Watchmen that goes through my had every time something bad happens
"It's a joke. It's all (fucking) a joke"

minor spoiler alert:

the guy who says this says it the first time when he is getting beat up and about to be killed. And the second time as he sits on the bed of his worst enemy while crying and telling him a story.
>>
>>17249039
the world is probably better now than it has ever been. still a fucked up place. difference now is that world news is extremely accessible. hundreds of years ago, you would only hear about shit in your area, now we can find out about anything, anywhere and it can be depressing as fuck. if you want to stop being effected by this shit, ignore it like everyone one or do something about it

People constantly moan say the world is a messed up place but 99.9% of people care more about pointless shit like completing the new dark souls game
>>
>>17249059

Excuse my shit grammer because I am on a 2 year old smart phone.

I don't think I am good so much. I am rude, selfish, jaded, I don't like people, I don't care about a lot, I have a really short fuse, I don't like to be affectionate, I put up walls, I do and say shit that people say wtf is your deal?, I sometimes fantasize about beating the face in the next person who pisses me off, I use to be indifferent to this, then use to laugh along with /b/ since I do have a dark sense of humor, I am really fed up with that now. Its like this tradgedy with Christina Grimmie has swutched something and now the Orlando Nightclub Massacre. Its also like I wish there was someone there to stop it.

Fuck /pol/ btw
>>
>>17249077
watchmen is over rated, its just good for a graphic novel because most of them are extremely poorly written
>>
>>17249085
/B/ is pretty fucked up tbf. predominately, socially retarded teenagers go there but it can be pretty funny
>>
>>17249039
Meant to say I am no SJW, fuck them.

>>17249083
I did ignore it, but this been staying in my mind when I hear even a bit. Personally me, yeah I play videogames but I could care less these days about a fucking videogame. I just want to know why I have started to feel like this when before, I use to ignore it or her about it and brush it off ass not my fucking problem.
>>
>>17249086
No one asked you for your opinion on the novel the poster was just talking about the quote and the context of the quote
>>
>>17249039
Hey bro I'm in NYC too, want to get some drinks and talk it out? On my way to Soho ATM.
>>
>>17249077
Its a fucked up joke if you asked me. I wouldnt have started the thread.
>>
>>17249096
Im from Brooklyn, I rather stay anon but I sincerly thank you, bro. I know there are cool people lurking.
>>
>>17249102
You sure? I bet it would do you some good to get out of the neighborhood for a bit. Well the offer stands if you change your mind.
>>
>>17249091
well tbf, it is really fucked up, and i think it has depressed alot of people. i have my own issues going on right now, so i personally havent had time to really dwell on it. my friends did tell me a bit about the singer getting shot by a fan and then the fan shot himself.
>>
>>172

>>17249094
Thanks bro! But seriously.. it's all a joke!
last Sunday my GF broke up with me.. and in the exact same moment someone started to play some really sad music outside... just like in a really cheesy movie. And i just thought "it's all a joke"
>>
I don't know if this will cheer you up or anything, but
>>17249083
100% correct.

Proof?

AVG lifespan of a human in 1900: 31
in 2010: 67

death rate by auto crashes in USA 1960: 5.2 per 100 million miles driven.
In 1990: 2.1
2010: 1.11

total auto deaths in 1970: 52,600
in 2014: 30,000

so to put that in perspective, about the same number of people died in car wrecks in 1970 than in the entire vietnam war. Now, even though the us population is 60% larger, we have a little more than half the car deaths.

Maybe a little rabbit hole-ish, but there are about 10,000 fewer murders each year in the US now than there were in say 1993. So you hear about the famous girl and the shot up nightclub, but you dont hear about the 10,000 people who didnt get murdered last year, or the 40,000 people who didint die in car crashes.

get it?
>>
>>17249111
I been to soho many times so I know what it is, but thanks anyway trips bro.
>>
>>17249144
I was just heading there to go to the burlesque house, but if a fellow anon needs help I'd be willing to change those plans. Why do you think I come to this board, I like helping people.
>>
>>17249148
People have their reasons, but I thank you. I'm not suicidal or anything. Enjoy the show, bro. If you have steam then that would be fine, I dont play like that but I do go on everyday
>>
>>17249154
Yeah sure I'm favelour on steam
>>
>>17249184
OP here, Whiteplains, NY? If so, I added you.
>>
>>17249130
>Maybe a little rabbit hole-ish, but there are about 10,000 fewer murders each year in the US now than there were in say 1993. So you hear about the famous girl and the shot up nightclub, but you dont hear about the 10,000 people who didnt get murdered last year, or the 40,000 people who didint die in car crashes.
>get it?
This. Don't let get the media at you.
>>
>>17249039
Did you talk to the wizard?
>>
>>17249249
Wizard?
>>
>>17249201
Yeah that's me
>>
>>17249255
You've seen Taxi Driver right?
>>
>>17249266
Oh thats right. Yes I have seen it, pretty good movie. I use this pic because Travis was also disgusted by the shit going down in 70's NYC. I don't want to murder a politician though or anyone.
>>
>>17249274
to be honest... That picture was an excellent choice for this thread.
>>
>>17249292
agreed
>>
File: 7ba.png (126 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
7ba.png
126 KB, 500x320
>>17249039
/x/ here. The rabbit hole goes even deeper than you might think, Alice:

> US bombs ISIS.
> Weapons contractors make BILLIONS in profit off of bomb/ drone manufacturing
> Interest in ISIS wanes
> Trump even says we don't need to be over there
> Weapons contractors need to stir shit up

So some Mudslime sounding kid makes a 9-11 call, making sure everyone knows he is for ISIS, and then does this.
50 one-shot kills with a semiautomatic. 50.
For a special forces, that would be good. For an amateur? Fucking impossible.

Then, in a "shootout" with SWAT, he is taken out. His "body" is quickly taken away.
No murderer = no one to question.

It's all too convenient.
>>
>>17249292
I feel like I can relate to the character in some aspects because I am 26 living in the city, jaded and disenfranchised. Hence why I chose it.
>>
>>17249308
historically, Political leaders have often created false flags in order to pass policies.
>>
>>17249313
As i pointed out earlier: I can relate to the Comedian from the Movie Watchmen. Everything just seems to be a joke to me. Of if i see bad stuff happen in this world i can only think about the irony in it and "laugh" a little about it.
>>
>>17249356
I usually do that myself as I stated I do have a dark sense of humor but recently..
>>
Remember anon, most people just want to live in peace and are as disgusted as you by these massacres. Also this >>17249083
>>
>>17249402
Mhh... did something bad happen in YOUR life recently?
>>
>>17249426
No not recently, most bad shit I was in a rut 3 years ago but thats past
>>
>>17249470
Maybe you need some rest from all the bad news... Try to not watch any news for a few weeks. Stay away from the Media that spreads bad news all the time. Maybe that might help.
>>
I feel you anon. I stopped caring about anything a long time ago. Facebook especially is oversaturated with the same shit. The election, the rapist, the fucking gorilla, the shootings, I just don't care anymore. I don't go on facebook, I don't have any opinions about anything. It makes me angry seeing a bunch of assholes post their opinions on certain issues like anyone gives a shit about what they think. I don't give a fuck who wins the election. I'm gay so I gave a fuck about the shooting until people started screaming back and forth about fucking muslims as if this is about them

I'm just pissed off that everyone is incapable of thinking critically and looking at things objectively, and in my exhaustion I just stopped caring, and it feels like shit.
>>
File: Rain_dance_cat.gif (361 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Rain_dance_cat.gif
361 KB, 500x281
>>17249083
This. Also be grateful you live in a relatively safe place (assuming you do) versus Saudi or somewhere that will get you murdered/raped/robbed if you want to a stroll around the neighborhood.

And yeah if you want to see worse, then don't go to /pol/ or you'll be really depressed. Don't worry, that kind of wears off after awhile but that place will show you how corrupt the world can be in ways the common media sources won't. Just enjoy life while you can because before you know it'll be over.
>>
Eh, the world is quite fucked up. I think it's incredible how people can range from amazing nice civilised people, to batshit insane cruel fucks

Most people don't even think anymore. It's all just jumping on bandwagons. I'm a muslim and it's depressing to me how there's people crazy enough to take a religion and kill in it's name. Then there's the people that take their anger out on the normal people, like when randoms get beat half to death for being paki

And then there's the fact that literally every country in this world has done immensely cruel things. And the fact that there's almost constant war. It's not even just the middle east that's fucked, it's the US and everywhere. Crazy manipulative people infest every government and organisation, you see in the media hate being thrown left and right and for no reason other than to get headlines and rile up the people to earn money or get votes for cancerous puppet candidates

I just try to stay away from it all and have fun with my friends who I know aren't evil.

You could try to make a difference in this world but at this point it's like david v goliath
>>
File: tumblr_nuk93nfYHI1u0r0dgo1_1280.jpg (248 KB, 1280x1109) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuk93nfYHI1u0r0dgo1_1280.jpg
248 KB, 1280x1109
>>17249039
>I'm no SJW

>>17249085
>Fuck /pol/ btw

hm....
>>
>>17249039
OP you're a fucking retard.

Either you are incredibly young or incredibly stupid and simple minded you have never once thought beyond your own existence. If you have, then you would know that horrors like this aren't rare, they aren't even uncommon. They are the norm for the vast majority of the world.

Seriously, sit your dumb fucking ass down and just think. People like you will sit there and act all butt hurt when something bad happens but don't realize how completely fucking AWFUL you are. Seriously. You're completely oblivious to your own evils and they aren't even hidden or obscure. They are right in your face and you do nothing about it.

Every time you buy a video for $60 you are committing a selfish act that could have prevented fucking children from dying from internal parasites and other diseases. You are a fucking piece of shit for not donating that money to a good cause instead. You are FUCKING CHOOSING TO SIT ON YOUR FAT ASS AND PLAY A GAME YOU PAID $60 AND WON'T EVEN FINISH INSTEAD OF USING THAT MONEY TO SAVE FUCKING LIVES. You could have saved a dozen people from horrors you will never know with that money. For fuck's sake you could have saved half a dozen people's lives if you simply waited a few months to buy the game on a discount.

So there you go. Every single person here is an absolute monster. They value little plastic figurines over people's lives. "But I want them" Whatever. Who the fuck cares.

You need to realize OP you're a selfish, worthless cunt.
>>
>>17250957
I think you might be projecting anon
>>
>>17250975
so you're saying you do all luxury items you don't need and instead donate it all to charity?

I'm not saying donate a little bit.I'm saying every worthless item you have purchased could have literally saved someones life instead and you chose not to do that. You chose that 50"in TV instead of a 42in TV that was cheaper and you could have used the difference to help people's lives.

So yeah, we're all selfish cunts. I can live with it, I don't care. But don't fucking sit there and say that isn't the case.
>>
>>17250888

/pol/ is the complete opposite of an SJW. They're both terrible. If you think differently you're just like them.
>>
>>17250957

This is such a stupid fucking argument. If you feel so strongly then fucking sell all your belongings and go live with homeless. Oh yeah, you won't. Dumbass.
>>
File: 1464994826532.jpg (48 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1464994826532.jpg
48 KB, 480x640
>>17250993
>If you feel so strongly
You are really retarded you know that right? Did you not even read a word I actually said there?

I don't care. I don't care about those starving children in africa and neither do you, ya dumb fuck.

How exactly is that a "stupid argument." You're really saying that you need your little lolita figures to jerk off on? That your simple and shitty desires are more important than a humans life?

If there was a machine where you could either save a humans life or get a $500 luxury watch(that you totally need right?) it's ethical to choose the watch?

That's literally what we all do, every day. The only difference is the level of connection.

Again, if you knew hot to read and weren't so fucking retarded to the point you can't think beyond your own selfish wants, you would have read I personally don't care. I don't care about any of you cunts. I'm not the one causing that child to starve but I do not care enough to help him. I just don't care.

But again, don't sit there and pretend every time you buy some stupid fucking worthless toy that's going to get thrown away in a year or an $8 coffee you aren't choose your own selfish luxury instead of helping save a life. An act that would require nearly no effort on your part. Almost NONE. NONNEEEEEEE.

Subconsciously you know this judging by how buttmad and defensive you got. Just stop lying to yourself and realize your as selfish as everyone else. Even those CEO's that earn more money than god.

Seriously, please let me know the justification you use when you buy that super rad collectors edition game instead of the regular priced item. What is it in your mind that allows you to sleep at night knowing that $200 nightvision goggles you got from that CoD special edition that has been sitting under your bed for 2 years now after you played with them fro about 10 minutes.

10 minutes of going "this is neat" is worth more to you than helping starving and dehydrated people around the world.
>>
>>17251061
>hot to read
That fucking autocorrect I swear to god.,
>>
File: 1465091282165.jpg (21 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
1465091282165.jpg
21 KB, 460x276
>>17251061
>>17251066
I want to go ahead and counter the most common argument for this.

"But buying those fancy things employs people!". This line of thinking is incredibly short sighted. People that think like that can't see past their own actions.

Do they think those starving children just EAT the money itself? Of course they don't. It is used to purchase food, medicine, facilities staffed with workers and made by engineers that need to buy materials provided by query miners and factories that process those raw materials that again... need more works to build and be staffed. Then there are the farmers that grow the food, the scientists that engineer genetically modified produce to be more efficient. There are the doctors that need to give the medicine and the even more advanced jobs to develop those medicines. There are their facilities which need architects and designers. Their high tech machines that need engineers, technicians, computers, coders, and all that other fancy as shit. That donated money goes towards education. nurses, teachers, and so many more. Now instead of simply feeding those starving children they are all able to function more and more by themselves. Education prevents excess population growth which means less money needs to be donated as there are less people. Those people can get jobs working in the factories and farms.And the cycle will continue, getting better and better as time goes on.

In the end, people will still be getting employed. Instead of making dragon dildos they will be making medicine. The economy stays the same but people are saved in the process.

Or you can tell yourself those dragon dildos really are that important to you.

>>17249039
The point of all of this, OP, you are so fucking butthurt about a death you literally could do nothing to prevent but every time you buy a fucking hat in TF2 you could have saved a child. But you didnt. Because you don't actually fucking care.

Which is fine. Were all terrible people..
>>
>>17250888
/Pol/ is full if nationalists ans SJW's are spoiled cry babies. I prefer to pick and choose my views and I'd rather stand alone than be part of those lynch mobs. Army of me.
>>
>>17250957
OP here, you said a mouth full projecting that to my life with your venomous diatribe. Sounds like you are familiar. I am not fat, I don't buy figurines and I when I buy games which is rare, usually buy my games used or humble bundle. I am not Superman or God. I am not perfect nor am I better than the next person. I am not rich. I can't help much without helping myself, much like a person must secure their air mask first before assisting others when cabin pressure changes on a plane. By you logic, we are all selfish cunts. But that is okay, your waifu pillow still loves you. I just started this to ask why am I feeling disgusted with these recent tragedies all of a sudden when I use to not care or crack jokes like I once did.
>>
It means you have a conscience, and the capacity for empathy. I had to stop visiting /b/ after I developed one.
>>
>>17251221
look at all of that fucking denial. I'm sure you live like a monk.

Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep faggot.
>>
>>17251258
Whatever you say, brosely.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.