[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does It Actually Get Better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: WtF6xdS.gif (499 KB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
WtF6xdS.gif
499 KB, 480x300
So does life after highschool get easier/better or does it get worse? I always felt extremely lonely and stressed through out of all school but I still managed to have fun enough for me not to become an hero. I made a list of my situation if that helps answer the question

>found it easy to make friends but really fucking hard to keep them for my whole life
>wasn't able to get into a relationship ever because of beta male attitudes and low self esteem, also a virgin unsurprisingly
>hated about 97% of everybody in school
>never really got invited to parties or wanted to go to any
>only ever been to like 3 of them (surprisingly enjoyed them but that's because it was the 3% I liked and I was fucked)
>always just hung out with the social rejects (some were cool, others were just faggots)
>been told my self deprecating attitude is exhausting to be around but I try to work on it
>also been told I can be clingy but have fixed that since then (or at least think I did)
>always had to deal with depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts (something that got way worse my senior year)
>been working hard to loose weight by exercising and eating right the past year
>don't have money or clear enough vision for uni and plan on taking a year off anyways
>>
Why are you me?

Looking forward to reading this
>>
I don't have a crystal ball, man. Nobody can tell you how your life's gonna play out.
For some people, it gets better. For others, it gets worse. For some, it stays pretty much the same.

>>17250079
>>always just hung out with the social rejects (some were cool, others were just faggots)
Same here, man. That's the biggest fucking thing i miss about high school.
No more rejects, losers, and freaks to hang out with. That's why I'm on this goddamn site so often: i really like you bastards.
>>
Does life get better? Mine did
Does life get easier? fuck no
>>
>>17250079
The problem I have is that when I make friends, I'm scared to come off as clingy so I just don't contact them that much. Or at all lmao
>>
>>17250079
A depressed person like yourself, if you go to Uni, should probably take CS or CE, which are the majors full of social rejects. Someone older than you will invite you to do some dumb shit and you'll start hanging out with them. They might be gay.

Or take Business, the default option for people who want to be successful with no clear goal in mind. It is the ambition for those without ambition.

If all that fails go to a christian group, They're always friendly, or at least good at acting like it, and are just as clingy.

Just try to progress at something. Nothing begets depression more than stagnancy.
>>
>>17250241
smoke weed when you hang out with people, them blame any wierd shit you do on the weed
>>
Go to community college and dump all your old friends. Personally, High School had some high times in my life but I thought it was a massive waste of time.

College / work makes things better, even if you are lonely. Of course things get better. Godspeed friend.
>>
>>17250079
>does it get better
Buckle up. Weed helps
>>
File: hank_hill.jpg (36 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
hank_hill.jpg
36 KB, 500x328
does it get better? of course it does, as long as you don't fuck anything up, or nothing unfortunate happens. and by that I mean becoming a paraplegic, or becoming a sex offender or something. things get slightly more complicated i guess, you have to pay for more things, and you have more responsibilities, but in turn those things will make you feel productive and you'll feel good about yourself as a functioning person of society and not some homeless meth head living off the government. and you'll eventually find love, and with it (and in every situation), it will undoubtedly cause grief and heartbreak, but in turn it will also give you some of the greatest experiences and feelings a person can have. And even when you do go through heartbreak, it goes away, and you take away those experiences. There's really something to the old saying "it's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all". And as far as loneliness, as you go through careers, and other areas of life, people will come and go. Some will stay, but I once heard you cycle through who you call your closest friends every 7 years. And if you ever feel bad about your body, just watch some "my 700 pound life" or something. and as far as school, just remember some of the happiest and most successful people didn't have any money, nor did they go to university. and if i can give you any tips on depression, start listening to podcasts, find some you like and get into something like a hobby that you can do while listening to those podcasts. for me it was call of duty, and bike rides. i'd just play cod multiplayer, or go for a bike ride, and listen to some of my favorite podcasts for hours. it helps me anyways, plus eating tasty/terrible food. indulge in the things you love.
>>
>>17250079
Anything and everything in life is better than high school.

Unless you were a football player, cheerleader or cool kid, in which case nothing will ever be that good for the rest of your life.
>>
>>17250079
Can vibe with 80% of what you said.

Find a hobby or a set of hobbies and spend all your free time advancing in them. You'll find friends who aren't such social rejects and you'll bond over that hobby. It makes being sad and anxious a bit easier.

Also constantly improve on your personality and social skills. For whatever you're slightly off and different than most people (and not in the good way). If you're lucky you'll manage to completely blend in with normies
>>
>>17250079

Yes. High school remains the very worst time in my life. Nothing else compares. My first week of college, I was kind of in a daze of disbelief, regularly stopping to think, "this is what life is like now. My high school life is done forever."

It absolutely still has pain, and uncertainty, and there are times when it's really hard. But I've never again felt so horridly alone and constantly under the eyes of a unified and merciless social mass.

For me, High School was 1,000 kids all terrified of being uncool, and so all constantly looking for someone to mock to get attention off of themselves, and guess who was a fucking magnet for mockery. Looking back at it now, it is a wonder that most make it out without severe emotional scars. The resiliency of youth, I guess.

But again, yes, EVERYTHING is better after high school. Life. As a whole. Solidly better.
>>
>>17250079
Literally every single point of your greentext can describe me. Trust you me, it gets better if you make it better. If you keep wallowing in your own sadness, it won't get better, unless you win the lottery or something. Keep exercising and eating correctly (/fit/ can help you with that), find yourself some good buddies (1-2, you don't need to be a fucking socialite), and just keep plugging away. Ideally, your work should look like this

>School > Exercise > Everything Else

It'll take sometime, at least 6-12 months before you see a noticeable difference, but it'll be so worth it.

t. someone who was probably very much like you
>>
I would bet that life after high school is better for most people.

The only people who say that high school was the best 4 years of their life are the ones who were at the top of the social ladder. That is the jocks and the girls the jocks fucked. For everyone else, high school either sucked or was just ok.

Things will probably get better for you anon, but nothings guaranteed. You have to put some work in to make life better for yourself.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.