[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much for being self sufficient?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: up99219.gif (349 KB, 260x400) Image search: [Google]
up99219.gif
349 KB, 260x400
Hey /adv/, I'm 19 living in a very bad and abusive household and I want to get out asap, about how much would I have to make to move out on my own?
I'm trying to figure out the price of monthly living in a apartment whose rent would be around 800-950 a month plus the cost of insuring a car and myself along with the cost of all the other commodities.

Anyone recommend a job that'd pay well enough to at least start on being self sufficient?

Location wise, I live in the north central Texas area. And for car, it's already payed for (2005 nissan sentra that as passed down from a late aunt, it's in good mechanical shape and has low miles).
>>
Try moving to a cheaper area. You should NOT be spending $900 on rent. More like 3 or 4 hundred. Spending that much on rent will really fuck you in the long term, considering that you're paying all your own expenses. North Alabama is pretty cheap for example. Three bedroom houses rent for about $550. You'll have to sort the costs yourself, I can't add it for you.
>>
Check out craiglist and find a room mate because costs will be less. I say this because rent alone is a hassle but so is the bills, food, phone, insurance and other things you gotta look for.

Or grind through, work half a year and save up enough where you have enough cushion to fall back on until you get a decent gig.

Job paying? Construction, put in overtime and you should be good. Ask for as many certifications to move up the company ranks.
>>
>>17249906
It's a very nice area, but yea, the cheapest I can find an apartment around here that's at least in a not-shit complex starts at about 650, 750 for something much nicer. I just went a bit high to compensate to give some headroom.
I don't want to move too far tho since I have friends and other, not shit family here.
>>17249910
So far, I have $3600 from that late aunt. But that's all I have right now.
I want to try and get one of my friends to be a room mate, but I'm still looking. I don't trust the people in this general area, tbqh.
>>
>>17249892
ask ya boi yung lean for some help shawty

but really living on minimum wage alone is almost impossible right now if you are in the USA. try to find a roomate
>>
>>17249892
>along with all the other commodities
>all the other commodities
>all

Hah, HAHAH. Enjoy that ramen, buddy.
>>
File: 1464436497998.png (37 KB, 658x662) Image search: [Google]
1464436497998.png
37 KB, 658x662
>>17250401
I know that, I've got one what pays just above $9/hr, and I know that it's pretty impossible, that's why I'm asking about suggestions for a job that'd help be more sustainable
>>17250409
Already living off 1 meal a day f a m, ramen is fine
By commodities, in mostly referring to water, electricity, fees, and things alike
But yea, I'm trying for a roommate
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.