[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been in a relationship with my gf for about 4,5 months.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: DSC_0775.jpg (1 MB, 3104x1746) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0775.jpg
1 MB, 3104x1746
I've been in a relationship with my gf for about 4,5 months. Today she sent me short movie where a guy proposes to a girl with some singing and shit. Then she asked me If I would do something similar fir her (jokingly). I told her that If I was ever going to do that I wouldn''t copy anyone. Then I asked 'who said that i'll ever do that, heheh'. She responded 'I dont know, whatever'. Did I fuck up saying that? How do you even answer to things like this even If it's not serious question?
>>
File: selection-du-weekend-185-55.jpg (64 KB, 760x1016) Image search: [Google]
selection-du-weekend-185-55.jpg
64 KB, 760x1016
How's the sex?
>>
>>17249244
Yes, you did. She looked at the video, felt jealous, and wanted to hear from you that you'd do it.
>>
Nah, it just sounds to me like you took the joke out of it for her. You haven't even been dating for six months yet, it was an obvious tongue in cheek thing, and by answering more seriously you caught her off guard. Could be because she doesn't like to be reminded that you most likely will not get married, could be that she suddenly felt self-conscious joking about engagement in this early stage, could be that she heard something in your tone of voice that threw her off (like you were already sure that was never going to happen or god knows what). No doubt more options.

Either way it's not a big deal.
>>
>>17249245
It's great.
>>
>>17249253
I can't say i will never do that. As you say we are early in relationship, so i didnt know what to say
>>
>>17249253
Anyway, should i bring that subject up, when we meet tommorow?
>>
>>17249276
For one thing, your answer wasn't "wrong". She just didn't take it well. Possibly for reasons that don't make sense to her either. What you said was perfectly normal.

But what you could've done (for future reference) is not give ANY serious answer. Hyperbole it. "Noooo, fuck that guy, we should upstage him, I'd just do a musical thing where everyone around you bursts into song and dance, you got anything to add?" Either she goofs along or she starts getting a bit pouty, at which point it's the time to get serious but neutral and go "what, I love what we have but it's been a few months, what do you want me to seriously say on proposals at this point?" Make her face that she posed you a question that's not easily answered well.
>>
>>17249279
See how she acts. If she's all normal, don't. Chances are she got over it. It's good to talk about the big things, but knowing when to let something slide (especially if it's just due to being cranky) is extremely important as well. If she's long over it, bringing it up will only make a big deal out of something that you could've both happily ignored.
So, similar for how she said goodbye, if you left things on a good note don't return to this.

If she's not her usual self, ask if anything's wrong, if she avoids giving a straight answer ask if it has anything to do with that video. (Put it like that, in the most broad sense, not "with what I said".)
>>
>>17249288
>not really answered well
*easily answered well
>>
>>17249298
Ok, thank you for answering. I'll keep in mind what you said.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.