[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fucked up /adv/. I got caught speeding and the officer who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
I fucked up /adv/. I got caught speeding and the officer who pulled me over searched the car because he smelled weed. He found the bag and gave me an appearance ticket. He told me to just plead guilty and pay the 100 dollars which I'm inclined to want to do but then that's on record forever. I also have to deal with this speeding ticket, which is my second one. Can I take another defensive driving course to get rid of the points on my license? I'm 21 but still on my parents' insurance so I don't want them finding out about this. Is there anyway I can get a free lawyer and make this as pain free as possible? I'm fine to pay whatever money or do whatever community service, my biggest priority is keeping my parents out of the loop on both charges and to not fuck up my insurance. I'm in New York State and the charge was "Unlawful Possession of Marihuana" (with like a gram or two) and then a speeding ticket for going 71 in a 55 which the officer reduced to 61 in a 55.
>>
>>17248581
>I fucked up /adv/.
As long as you're aware.

>I got caught speeding and the officer who pulled me over searched the car because he smelled weed.
Normally I'd gloss over speeding. But why are you speeding if your car smells like weed, when you know specifically that is drawing police attention towards yourself? This isn't fucked up, this is fucking retarded.

>He found the bag and gave me an appearance ticket. He told me to just plead guilty and pay the 100 dollars which I'm inclined to want to do but then that's on record forever.
Unless you're rich enough for it to not matter anyway whatever pittance of a 'defense' you might come up with will look worse. Do it and use it to learn something for once in your life.

>I also have to deal with this speeding ticket, which is my second one.
You're a clever one aren't you.

>Can I take another defensive driving course to get rid of the points on my license?
You have bigger problems, but I don't know the answer to this one.

>I'm 21 but still on my parents' insurance so I don't want them finding out about this.
I had to go get a drink and collect myself after that fit of cringing and laughing. They will find out if they don't already know. You're too late.
>>
>>17248602
Follow-up: Can I tell my parents about the speeding ticket and deal with that entirely separately from the weed charge? I was issued separate tickets
>>
>>17248581
>>17248602
>Is there anyway I can get a free lawyer and make this as pain free as possible?
The closest you're getting is what I'm giving you now.

>I'm fine to pay whatever money or do whatever community service, my biggest priority is keeping my parents out of the loop on both charges and to not fuck up my insurance.
If that was actually your priority you wouldn't have been speeding with drugs in your car while already having one driving offense and not being on your own insurance. Your priority is getting away with being stupid and not learning from past mistakes, and I refuse to help that.

>I'm in New York State and the charge was "Unlawful Possession of Marihuana" (with like a gram or two)
Good job, you're at least getting the babby's first idiot mistake of criminal offences.

>and then a speeding ticket for going 71 in a 55 which the officer reduced to 61 in a 55.
This is probably going to be a sore point coming from a Massachusetts driver of all people, but you have nobody to blame but yourself going 16 over with weed in the fucking car. The fact that you're getting off as easy as you are AND getting the cop being nice enough to cut you a deal and give you the closest thing I imagine you've ever had to sensible advice before I got to you should be enough to make you think about how maybe owning up to this is the only non-retarded option you have.

I know this is some fucking rude shit I'm saying but holy fuck do you need it if you're ever going to use the brain you've obviously never been taught you have in that fucking head of yours.
>>
>>17248611
Sidenote: Apparently I decided to use both the American and Bongistanian spelling of offen(s/c)e today. Is it still an error if both spellings are technically right?
>>
>>17248608
If you got them in the same event you're likely to have one address the other in your court date. There is little to no chance they won't know, and honestly they probably already know you smoke weed at this point.

I'd say quit while you're ahead but you don't seem particularly good at being ahead of things.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.