[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just cheated on my girlfriend of 8 years with a co-worker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: hurtsinside.jpg (24 KB, 1200x575) Image search: [Google]
hurtsinside.jpg
24 KB, 1200x575
So I just cheated on my girlfriend of 8 years with a co-worker I met a few weeks ago. At first, it was us just hanging out as friends. Then, she started flirting with me and that led to her naked in my bed one night. I couldn't stop myself. I feel so bad inside like I am full of guilt. P.S. my girlfriend lives about 40 miles away and we don't see each other more than once a week. My girlfriend doesn't know that this girl and I have been hanging out. My girlfriend is also very rash and jealous when it comes to me and other girls. She has threatened to kill herself before because she thought I was seeing someone else. Should I tell my girlfriend what I have done to get it off my chest or should I forever keep it a secret?
>>
>>16481207

good job setting yourself up for this moron. "I couldn't stop myself", yes, you could have, you chose not to despite all of these reasons otherwise.
First of all, stop acting as if you had no control over yourself. You weren't hoodoo'd into putting your dick in another woman, you made that decision rationally. It was a shit choice.

However I doubt your girlfriend will kill herself. Regardless, you need to break up with her. If you choose to tell, be honest and don't make the stupid fucking excuses you made here. If you choose not to, at least try and be somewhat self reflective
>>
>>16481207
Your either a weak piece of shit or you don't care enough about this 'gf'.

Also 8 years? wtf the rule is 5 years at the most, then you gotta go your separate ways if there is no commitment in sight.

Stop wasting her time.
>>
>>16481207
>She has threatened to kill herself
They're always bluffing, don't let that stop you from leaving her.

Oh, yeah, you should leave her. You don't have to tell her what happened, but leave her asap. She obviously had good reason to be jealous about you and other girls.

She'll probably never feel good enough nor trust again, so screw your feelings about "getting it off your chest."
>>
>>16481207
>My girlfriend is also very rash and jealous when it comes to me and other girls

rightfully so you dumb cock
>>
How old are both of you? Kind of curious as to the "suicide" fiasco, she's probably bluffing.
>>
>>16481229
We are both 21, but she threatened suicide a few years ago.
>>
break up

only option
>>
>>16481247
Excellent, you both still have a precious few years to find a good match.

Break up pronto, seriously stop wasting her/your time.
>>
>>16481247
Dating since you were 13?

How the hell do you even do that?

Also if you have a gf never fucking hang out "as friends" with another girl, it may be hard to stop from putting your dick in when shes naked on you so you need to make sure not to even be anywhere near that situation
>>
You cheated, on a girl with trust issues, no less. There is no way this ends well. You do see that, don't you?

The guilt will destroy you, over time, if you keep it to yourself. You are already rationalizing, justifying, etc... in an attempt to minimize your role. As such, it would eat away at your soul.

Now, factor in this girl you cheated with, everyone that has seen you together, and those she will tell about your infidelity. Even if you keep the guilt at bay, there is no guarantee your girlfriend will not hear about your affair.

Telling a girl with trust issues that you slept with someone else... Well, does that even require me spelling it out?

Ending it is the stand-up move. Doing so without telling her you cheated, as to not deepen her trust issues, an even better way. You were together eight years, it started young, and it is currently long-distance; it should not be difficult to reason out such a break-up.
>>
>>16481207
>She has threatened to kill herself

If she does that then you won't have to worry about her dating any of your friends. You'd be off the hook.
>>
>>16481207
Just break up with her. You clearly don't give a shit about her if you not only cheat on her, but then go on to say that she is 'rash and jealous' when it comes to other girls, right after fucking saying you cheated on her.

Poor bitch, what a waste of eight years.

And get a therapist. What are you doing pulling this shit and then writing it on /adv/ for everyone to pick apart, man? ffs get a grip.
>>
>>16481207
Break up with your girlfriend.
Your options are
>1) come clean to gf (she'll break up with you) and have clear conscience
>2) break up with gf and have clear conscience
>3) lie to gf and have damaged conscience

If you have even a shred of guilt now, that sucker's going to snowball and eat away at your mind and soul, so option 3 of just lying is out the window.
Between option 1&2- you're going to end up broken up with her anyways,
So you should spare her feelings and break up with her. Blame it on the distance.

This is the situation you've placed yourself in, op. Never cheat again. This is what happens. There are no good solutions
>>
>>16481320
underrated post
>>
I don't understand why people cheat. I've had it explained to me by three different people, and I still don't understand. If you're unhappy, leave. I'm 21, never cheated before, never felt an urge to. Is it a genetic thing? I'm asking a serious question. I literally can not grasp the concept...
>>
>>16481262
THIS! FUCK THIS!

I'd never do that to my fiancé. I'm also kind of socially weird, but even so, all my friends are female. I don't play that game. I've seen this happen irl multiple times.
>>
>>16481262
Lol that was supposed to say fucking, not fuck. Sorry.
>>
Typical lack of self control. Tell her thrn break up with her. Dont get into another relationship until you grow up.
>>
>>16481207

>8 years

Dude, you propably got keked few times, no need to feel guilty, break up with her and go fuck some random sluts.
>>
>>16481682
>unhappy

Had nothing to do with it for me.
>>
>>16481682

Sometimes it's not about being unhappy, other times it's about being trapped (either mentally, physically, emotionally, financially or some other way), or feeling like you are, and sometimes it's the forbiden fruit kind of thing.

The first case, it's a case of sampling something you don't ahve right now, like wanting a little bit of strawberry icecream, when you're eating chocolate icecream all the time (you don't dislike chocolate, but tasting strawberry feels sooooo good.).
The second case(s) it's about getting somethign your'e not getting in the relationship itself, but you can't leave the relationship for one reason or another, and that reason can be realistic/geniune, or imagined.
The third case, it's about getting/doing somethign that you're not supposed to, like fucking in public places, the thrill of it...

At least that's how I understand it, haven't had it happen to me, or any of my partners yet...
Any other questions?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.