[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Giving advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
I see many people creating threads seeking for advice. I'll try to do the opposite and offer some advice.
What's troubling you? I'll be glad to help
>>
I`ve already posted this but it`s not getting any responses just like your thread so I don`t really see the harm in bumping a general advice thread:

Alright /adv/ this is something thats been on my mind since my Father found my copy of "Depression and Anxiety for Dummies" and acted a bit surprised.

How come my parents never noticed my depression? Even people that I only interacted with on an occasional basis noticed that I was down in the dumps all the time and asked if I was depressed and dealing with anxiety.

Did they just think being sad and reclusive was normal behavior for me? Did they not realize that I didn`t have any friends for years? I really have no idea how this could have gone unnoticed.
>>
>>16470978
Alright.
I used a loser who played videogames 24/7. theb I decided I wanted to do something. Mainly wanted to do good in school and get Gf. Fast foward about 2 months.Got straight A's getting switched into top classed soon ..also retaking classes I failed Before. But Still no Gf and I kinda started to hate everyone because everyone is dumb as fuck and Shit. But I'm pretty sure this girl I like is pretty smart atleast in like history and stuff so I like her and I think she likes me. But I'M kinda see it as a waste of time now. I don't want to wasted to much tine on a gf but i'm till want her sometimes. Idk I guess I am pretty much just asking if I should even go for it? like it would probably not last anyways but should I give it a shot anyways? or will I just waste my time in the end?
>>
>>16471074
*sorry about grammar. I'm on a crap mobile*
>>
>>16471031
People would rather see you distant as a normal behavior than depressed as an abnormal behavior. It's just the way it is. Do you want your family and friends to know that you seem depressed or anxious? If so, I think it may be better for you to be a bit more direct and have a talk with them about it.

>>16471074
Relationships can be a good thing, but only if you have the time for it, especially in school. If you feel you don't have as much time for a relationship now that you seem more goal-focused, then think about waiting until later. But if absolutely want to pursue, ask her out but tell her you want to take things slow and are more focused on school so she knows where you stand.
>>
I'm on an anti depressant that I can't get off of. The withdrawal is far worse than heroin in my case, and I can't live without it.

I have emetophobia, the fear of vomiting. No one takes it seriously, so no research is being done on it. You know that feeling you get before you like? I live with that, except there is no relief.

My medicine makes me very shaky, so I can no longer draw pictures. I get frequent brain zaps, random ringing in my ears, constantly light headed, and diarrhea after eating literally anything.

I'm just kind of stuck like this. Even though I'm in shape, doctor says my blood pressure is pretty high for my weight, guessing from the 24/7 stress I'm under. I'm up to 300mg Zoloft every day, which is ABSURDLY high.
>>
>>16471136
*before you puke
>>
>>16471110
Alright cool. Maybe I will try it....I should also mention I have this weird thing, like I will make really good friend's and stuff and like make them think we will be friends forever then just completely cut myself off from them. Like I did this as as a kid and stuff and I used to do it online. I'm pretty sure it's because as a kid that shit happened to me and I just want others to feel like that or maybe I just like the satisfaction that I impacted someone elses life so much, or maybe it is just a form od closure or all three idk. But yeah I'm a little scared I will do the same to her like since I went to top classes I will probably move away and leave her wihout saying goodbye or something. Idk
>>
Simply wondering if I did a social faux pas here over text. I have a hard time with not saying the wrong thing cause I can't tell when it's bad.

>have fwb who takes adderall
>ask if I can get a pill for studying
>she gives me one, I thank her
>we're texting later and she asks if it worked
>tell her it did, ask if I owe her anything
>she says no don't worry about it
>I send this
"I'll buy you a drink sometime [wink]"
>no reply

Was that something weird or offensive? We've drank together before and we're fucking so I didn't think it was that weird
>>
>>16471155
not Op but that seemed completely normal to me maybe the wink was to foward but since your fucking it should be fine. No fking idea m8, prob shouldn't think to much of it. Probably will just overthink it anyways.
>>
File: Untitled.png (220 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
220 KB, 1366x768
What do you think about this situation?
>>
File: 2.png (109 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
2.png
109 KB, 1366x768
>>16471189
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.