[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ and especially any vidya playing guys out there, I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
Hey /adv/ and especially any vidya playing guys out there, I need help. So I'm an almost graduated senior girl in college, and I've known this guy for three years, he's a year younger than me. I was really just friendly acquaintances with him up until this year, when I started to talk with him a lot more. Found out that he's into vidya and that he's a kissless virgin, along with many other things. Anyway, about a month ago, I started to realize that the guy was actually pretty dang cute, despite being awkward. So, I recently purchased badges to a gaming convention (It probably wouldn't be hard to guess which) for the 4th year in a row for my sibling and I, we go every year and have a blast. Anyway, I found out that my sibling can't go on one of the days, so I realized I had an extra badge.. then I had an idea.

I wanna ask the qt beta guy to it, he's never been despite being way nerdier than me. But is it too straightforward and blatant to ask him out to a gaming convention? I casually asked him, "Would you want to go to it with me?" the other day and he answered "Yeah, I would," but I don't think he realized I actually meant it seriously, even when I asked for his number afterwards. We texted for a bit but didn't really mention the thing, instead having this weird silly conversation about random shit. I wanted to ask him about it again but I felt kind of hesitant because I didn't wanna press him.

I feel like it's a big step since I've never actually hung out with the guy like outside of school-related functions where we happen to be together, like classes or club activities. I've hung out with him one-on-one for long-ish periods of time (hours).

I was thinking that before I graduate, I'd ask him about it but this time mention that I'm serious.

tl;dr: To all you awkward gamer guys, what would you do if you were in this guy's place and this girl you've known just asked you to a gaming convention?
>>
>>17243271
Depends on if I was in to you or not, to be completely honest.

If we were just friends I would probably go anyway since it seems like a good time, so I would just ask him again.
>>
If it was me I would think that I'm being set up for a cruel practical joke. I'm a very literal person, and I've turned down girls because they only hinted at a relationship without them openly expressing feelings for me. I have a very difficult time letting people get close to me in the first place, and being humiliated in that matter is very, very damaging to my fragile ego.
>>
>>17243271
Is it sad that I don't believe that this post is real and that it must be a troll?

To answer your question though in the event that I'm wrong, if I had already said yes then I would say yes again if asked again, but you would need to make it clear that you are, in fact, asking him to go. Alone. Together. Also as a fellow KV, he might be dismissing the possibility that you're interested in him, so if you want anything to happen you will probably need to either take some (a lot of) initiative or make your feelings unambiguously clear to him.
>>
>>17243271
Are you hot? If so, I'd definitely go. If not, I'd probably still go because free convention. Just be direct about it.
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 245x206) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 245x206
>>17243320
I could definitely see him dismissing that possibility or not noticing at all. Am I gonna have to flat out tell him I think he's cute?

>>17243313
Oh geez. I really hope he doesn't think it's this, but I'm scared that he does because I honestly don't really look too much like a person who's into games and stuff from the outside. I mean, we've talked about games and he's seen the emulators on my phone, but I feel like he doesn't believe that I go to that convention a lot.
>>
>>17243344
I'm decent looking, I mean, I take care of myself, dress girly and wear makeup. My only issue is that I'm not white.
>>
>>17243355
With a KV you have to be explicit in everything. Normies have both experience and relatable father-figures to help explain girls to them, but KV's don't have those resources, so every time a girl enters the arena they have to play the game by rapidly learning the dance. Unfortunately, girls are the shooter hell of the real world for a KV, so failure is immanent, and the end result is a young man with a busted heart, once again telling himself -- or possibly having other witnesses telling him -- that he's a failure.
>>
>>17243372

*and he's a white guy. I know some guys are only into white girls
>>
>>17243372
>not white
Deal breaker for me.
Has he ever mentioned his taste in women? Is he a white guy?
>>
>>17243380
Yep, he's a white guy.
>>
>>17243355
Getting nothing but rejected and ignored eventually gets to you, so he might not open up or believe that you think he's cute for a bit. Either way I would still go though, if only to have fun experiencing the convention. Also as a white guy I am almost exclusively attracted to asian girls and white girls I find cute are very few and far between. I know my dad finds brown girls attractive so I don't think you should worry about that so much, especially if he hasn't specified a preference one way or another.
>>
>>17243402
Fair enough, thanks for the advice anon. I think I might say something to him like, "I had a lot of fun hanging out with you these past few months and I wanna go to this thing with you because I think it'd be really adorable to watch you geek out and go for the first time."
>>
>>17243441
If you are interested in him as a potential boyfriend I would advise against calling him (or any guy) cute or adorable. It sends the vibe that you don't think of us in a sexual or masculine way and only view us as a friend. It's hard to come up with a reverse example but something like a guy who is in to you complimenting you with something innocuous and reserved like "You look like you're doing well" or perhaps even calling you handsome (and therefore indicating that he doesn't think you're feminine and attractive even though he actually does think that.)
>>
>>17243372
Pretty much all the advice I'd give has been posted already, so I'll tackle this one. White guys tend to prefer white girls, but most wouldn't exclusively date them just because of race.

Are you Asian? Besides white girls Asians are the most popular race white guys go for. And if we're being honest Asian Americans are treated pretty similarly to white people.
>>
>>17243271
Don't invite him, he will think you are interested in him. Tell him from the start it is a friends thing so you can skip the drama the will build up if you don't.
>>
what a fucking autist
>>
>>17243526
I'm Asian, yes. I don't know his exact taste in women but he does watch anime, but he's not like a huge weab unless he's hiding it.
>>
>>17244147
>watch anime
He most likely has yellow fever, so you being asian is not an issue, it's a bonus.
>>
Be straightforward, but very kind with him. Visibly more kind than usual.
If he's beta, he probably wouldn't even consider that you take him seriously. You need to sell that you actually like him, and melt the ice. The best way to do this is kindness and care. Be aware though that after this he will be really emotionally vulnerable.
>>
Tell him that you like him, start breaking barriers, and give him the P.
Betas don't get hints.
>>
Lol come on every shy gamer dreams of a qt asian gf fuck him invite me instead
>>
Well.. I was like him once.. no wait lemme tell it quick.
I was chad teen, getting any class mate on my dick, and being super succesful in general and I was playing a lot of video games too. then I met this one chick in game, we visited each other and it was semi-ldr and through our relationship we pretty much sliced each other on mental level. she was thinking about suicide and all that, at some point we split up..and then I became pretty much like that guy you described.. even on simple hugs I was reacting like an awkward retard.. and it took me around 3 years to get back to normal~ finished studying psychology at uni so my percervation skills got better

so what I noticed through this 3 years is there're 2 types of kissless virgin nerds. one is "oh she said hi, she wants my dick" and other is even if you'll pull down their pants and blow them , they;ll think you dont really like them. and the dude you like is second, so if you know him for a while, just talk to him.
literally, just go to him and tell him that you like him. dont send hints. just go.and.talk.to.him.
there's no other way it's gonna work, he'll think you see him as a friend or anything of this kind no matter what you do. so yeah you gotta talk to him. high likely he'll love to have a relationship so go for it and good luck! c:
>>
>>17244220
Basically this.

Be very clear when talking. Don't say "Would you go to a convention with me?" say "Do you want to go to a convention with me?"
>>
>>17244241
Noo, tell him "We go to this convention together, No is not an answer, and yes it's a date"
>>
>>17244247
This. It will work.
>>
>>17244200
>>17244220
>>17244241
>>17244247

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll do my best to make him happy and not make him miserable. My biggest concern with all of this is that the convention is at the end of the summer and I'm worried about how we're gonna stay in contact until then with no school anymore. He lives nearby (5ish miles away), so distance wouldn't be an issue. I feel like I'll end up having to be the one who has to work to keep in contact with him until then, though, and textings not my greatest strength.
>>
>>17244305
If you are afraid of it and want something from him seriously, make a move now.
>>
>>17244305
Just go for it. Tell him that you like him. If texting is not your strength, keep a closer contact with him. Play games, hang out, do things together.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.