[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Social media thread advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: FB_IMG_1439695415564.jpg (15 KB, 320x357) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1439695415564.jpg
15 KB, 320x357
From my homeboard, it's considered wasteful to dedicate a whole thread to one person's question, so let's make this a social media advice thread.

>My problem 1/2
I know this place is usually filled with actual problems in life, but I'm having issues with something that I can't seem to find an answer to. Hoping there's some experts who lurk here.
I've been off Facebook since last Halloween, and it's bittersweet. I don't have to see stupid drama that's in my hobby's community (I homeboard /cgl/, /vg/ and /a/), but I'm also out of communication with people that were, I suppose more than acquaintance but less than a friend and it's difficult to connect with others I've met irl since texting and emailing are dead besides older family members. It's also difficult to organize things such as meetups or groups for outfits, etc. I've decided the pros outweigh the cons of not having a Facebook and that I've wanted to join again to reconnect. Sorry for the long context.

I hope this doesn't sound special snowflake, but I don't want to create a profile using my irl name. I have a handle I've been using for years and that's my prefered way until I meet someone irl. For a while before, I used the proxy and language hack to have my handle as my name but the higher ups quickly banned me until I provided my ID showing what my real name is to get unbanned.
I also enjoy simplicity and don't want to have a profile AND THEN a page. I've tried it and it was useless since people on my page would just add my profile and they wouldn't need to view my page because I'd update them both.
Essentially, I just want a page with my prefered name, without having a profile connected since I prefer advertising myself has a business for commissions and posting what would be an artistic portfolio, but still being able to connect people with messager (which you can do on a page).
>>
Make 2 accounts?
>>
> 2/2
Now for the "what is Google" people, from what I searched there was a point in time where Facebook did exactly what I wanted here, but has since been changed so that instead of making your profile a page, it just copies your profile and makes it into a page, which is something I mentioned not wanting to deal with above

Any advice is appreciated, and I know the world doesn't revolve around my problem (especially since I've lurked here before and know what people are actually dealing with), but I'm just seeing if anyone here knows any solutions to get as close as possible to my end goal here.
>>
Op here. Bumping the thread by mentioning a fact of Facebook I forgot to put in my summary: unless changed since Oct 2015, you have to have your legal birth name as your fb name for a profile.
>>
tldr
>>
>>17243720
Your legal name is not mandatory, just put a name that seems credible.
>>
File: file.png (445 KB, 960x1200) Image search: [Google]
file.png
445 KB, 960x1200
>>17243726
In the second paragraph where the "essentially" is, that's the tldr.

>>17243741
I've heard that nicknames are accepted (instead of Nicholas = Nick) but my handle isn't even a name and it's only one word so I'd have to come up with something for the last name field.

I've come up with a semi-okay solution myself which would be making a profile but basically blocking it to all content (not searchable,etc) and not doing anything to do while I make a page and just do everything there. Seems kind of useless, but it's the only thing I can think of without new knowledge or some kind hack.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.