[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My friend was fired from subway for talking about Jared with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 384x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 384x500
My friend was fired from subway for talking about Jared with a customer who brought up the subject. Can he sue the manager that fired him?
>>
>>17242444
Most likely. Go talk to a lawyer. There a any lawyers that won't charge you unless you win.
>>
>>17242444
>Can he sue the manager that fired him?
Depends. Did your friend break company policy?
>>
>>17242458
>let's just sue

Christ, that mentality is so dumb and just goddam dumb. You think you can take on a multi-million dollar corporation? Even in the slight chance you actually do have a case they'll just settle out of court. 9/10 you won't even get that, but in the off chance you do. Guess where that money goes? To that attorney you hired for "free" to take on your case. Plus, even if you do have a case you're going to be in court for years. This costs a lot of money that you can't afford. They planned on that. People whose first response is "sue" are fucking retarded and obviously don't use their brains.

>slightly triggered
>you ppl are fucking dumb
>>
>>17242476
>let me give my opinion on the subject and not offer any constructive advice on the matter what so ever
>my opinion is right
>>
>>17242476
Why shouldn't he sue? If he was fired for illegitimate reasons then he was the victim of a crime. It's not a suing mentality, it is the actual reason why the legal system exists. Do you advise everyone who is the victim of a crime that they shouldn't seek legal help?
>>
In the USA, you are an employee at will at these types of places. That means you can be fired for anything, with or without a reason stated. You can be fired with or without notice. You can also leave your job with or without notice. If you did try to sue they would blame it on some other thing like " job performance" instead of " Jared". I worked at this shit hole and quit with the quickness because they refused to give me my schedule and withheld my pay checks after I left.
>>
>>17243013
Oh and of course I got my fucking money.
>>
>>17242444
I'm surprised a random franchise manager would care that much about a defunct mascot.
>>
The answer very much depends on where your friend lives
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.