[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to maintain a longterm relationship with a person
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 1431455491665.jpg (50 KB, 406x364) Image search: [Google]
1431455491665.jpg
50 KB, 406x364
Is it possible to maintain a longterm relationship with a person that you have NOTHING in common other than sex?
>>
No.
>>
File: c4jt321.jpg (49 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
c4jt321.jpg
49 KB, 480x270
>>17238243
Well, I did it for 2 years and half.
Sex was the only peacefull part. Rest was hell on earth.
>>
>>17238243
i ask that myself sometimes. my boyfriend is the complete opposite of me both in interests and attitude. literally like day and night... i'm the hopeful, positive one, he's the cynical pessimist... i love my nerdy fantasy stuff, he prefers sports and cop/gangster type stuff...

we try to show each other our interests though, and i think the fact we try to keep an open mind is what keeps us going. we also try to be considerate of each other and support each other when we can.

been about a year since we got together, and we're still pretty crazy about each other so here's hoping.
>>
>>17238271
How did you cope?

Basically I'm dating a girl for about 3 months now that I have absolutely nothing common with. Even when I go over at her place she never initiates anything physical. At all. We just sit in bed awkwardly until I pull her over like a stuffed animal and wrap my hands around her, which feels more like a necessity at his point.

Eventually I initiate sex, and she turns into the most loving and caring person for that time, and for 30-40 minutes after sex. We're basically inseperable afterwards, and she does things that actually shock me because they're so uncharacteristic to what she's usually like. A few days ago she started lightly running her fingers alongside my spine as I was falling asleep, which took me completely by surprise.

She adores sex just as much as me, but outside of it it's like she's a completely different person. We've been together for 2 months and not once did we go out, we almost never talk about each other anmd the few minutes we do talk when we meet is usually me listening to her complain about work.

Basically the only reason I'm still in this relationship is because the sex and the aftermath is worth it. But is this something I should bank on longterm?
>>
>>17238294
Bump
>>
File: 983275.jpg (51 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
983275.jpg
51 KB, 640x480
>>17238294
We meet in a party, our friends were there and they kinda push us to each another.
I was drinking in a table, she ask me to dance and I just raise my whisky to her (I was going to drink until pass out that day)
She make a face to me and then she goes to dance alone.
Some of my friends come and "Dude what you doing? Go dance with her". I was just wanting to drink that night.
One of her friends, with also is my friend, come to me and said "She really likes you".
I was "Wtf? How, I didn't even said hi to her"
Anyway, after some time, I grab her and danced, we ended kissing. After that we kept whole night kissing at this party, then each another goes home.
Fast foward, I asked her out one day, she accept, we ended having sex.
Between her study on university and my work/university we had less time to be together (I guess this helped) but when we had time, we ended basically in bed, we talked mostly sex stuff, tease each another in public.
When we had some serious talk we had diferent opinions, argue or fight, and of cource, we ended on bed having make up sex.
On weekend we had more sex, sleep, sex... Well, she was caring in bed so was always awesome sex with her (also sluty when I started something).
Close to end, was too much fights to maintain.
I miss her? No.
I miss have sex with he? Fuck yes.

But your case seens to be a bit diferent.
Find out what she likes, give her flowers (mostly of girls fucking love it), when she talk about work, talk about yours (if you have) and try to link something about her work from something outside of her work. Won't hurt.
But don't worry for now, 3 months still in
>>
>>17238294
I have quite similar situation to you, but additionaly im agree on with my gf in many things but completely don't feel any deeper feelings to her.. i don't know if this relationship has sense in this situation?
>>
>>17238243
Define "maintain"

As in doing things on a regular basis together like a regular couple? No.

Just sex and casual hangout? Yeah.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.