[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advices on how not to fuck up life? Anyone can share his experience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 22
File: lifehacksgeneral.jpg (1 MB, 1420x4742) Image search: [Google]
lifehacksgeneral.jpg
1 MB, 1420x4742
Advices on how not to fuck up life?
Anyone can share his experience in life and the lessons he made? Elders are especially welcome
I'll bump with general lifehacks, feel free to contribute
>>
File: 1333918488588.png (205 KB, 1262x655) Image search: [Google]
1333918488588.png
205 KB, 1262x655
>>
File: miracles.jpg (17 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
miracles.jpg
17 KB, 259x194
28 here, been in hard relationship already and it gave me some life exp. Have a job, a flat and some friends. Though I feel like 70 now.
1) Avoid toxic people, it's better to be alone than with such one, loneliness is a good price
2) Have rules, never break them even if everyone around you shit at them. Demand from people what you demand from yourself. If there are things you wouldn't forgive yourself, don't forgive others.
3) Have a people you can trust, but don't trust people easily. Never stop doubting anyone and even yourself.
4) Have dreams, but realistic ones. Let the fiction not blind you and reality not crush you. Know your limits, enjoy small things. Learn when it's enough and you have to give up on things, but remember that you can always improve and you should, even if the outcome is not as expected.
5) Relationships with others is what makes you who you are, chose the best ones, drop the worst, and always look for new ones as source of development.
>>
File: 1346162861959.jpg (767 KB, 529x4532) Image search: [Google]
1346162861959.jpg
767 KB, 529x4532
>>
File: cooking.gif (281 KB, 1000x1600) Image search: [Google]
cooking.gif
281 KB, 1000x1600
>>
>>17229537
29y here. Manager at a huge corp.
1. There is no easy money! Never!
2. Learn as much as possible!
3. Learn languages!
4. Work hard, if others rest - you work 2x harder.
5. Employers are not stupid! For real, thats why you work for them not the other way around.
6. If there will be a weakness other will find it and fuck you.
7. Learn how to disconnect from work and dont bring it home.
8. Do not let your anger out on your loved ones.
9. Do not trust random people.
10. Do not trust 100% people close to you.
>>
File: 1346161397297.png (767 KB, 1320x3968) Image search: [Google]
1346161397297.png
767 KB, 1320x3968
>>
File: 1338815151185.png (59 KB, 650x1023) Image search: [Google]
1338815151185.png
59 KB, 650x1023
>>
>>
File: Diet.jpg (308 KB, 563x723) Image search: [Google]
Diet.jpg
308 KB, 563x723
>>
I love these advice threads. However I'm currently in the middle of something. If this thread picks back up when i come back i'll dump my goldmine.
>>
File: 88truths.jpg (2 MB, 1263x4981) Image search: [Google]
88truths.jpg
2 MB, 1263x4981
>>
Bump for more advice lads

> everybodies temper is their own responsibility, don't ever let someone blame you for their behaviour
>protect yourself from everybody, including those most close to you
>>
>>17230876
Please do. I had a bunch of these saved but I lost the files and hadn't backed up my computer in a while...
>>
This is advice for younger people with ambition to become rich. Rich meaning you have the Big 3 (money, women, and freedom). Treat my advice with skepticism, to you I'm just a random guy on the internet.

Find a real mentor. Someone who is 5-10+ years ahead of you in your field who you want to emulate. Don't take random advice from the internet. You don't want advice from average people.

1. Time is your greatest asset. It's the great equalizer between you and Bill Gates and anyone else. Stop wasting your time watching Netflix or Crunchyroll. Stop wasting your time listening to a girl's "feelings" and not getting laid. You are saying "I don't respect my time so you shouldn't respect it either."

2. Health > Wealth every time. Don't sacrifice health for money. You get one body. There are infinite possibilities to earn money.

3. DON'T GET MARRIED. Especially not in your 20s; a guy's peak is in mid-30s.
Unless:
a. You expatriate to a more traditional country.
b. You want kids.

4. Ask yourself if your friends are hard-working enough to succeed. If not, delete their contact. You are the average of your closest 5 friends. Do this every 12 months.

5. Don't waste time picking stocks if you're not a professional and have a net worth >$1 Mil. Dollar cost average into index fund.

6. Don't go to college unless you get into a US News Top 20-30. These are the only ones that lead to high paying careers. If you fail at this, you must become an entrepreneur.

7. Want to be well-off? Only careers worth pursuing are Sales, Wall Street, and Silicon Valley. Basically revenue generation.

8. Want to be rich? Entrepreneurship is the only way. Work on a business when you have down time at work, leave job when it's doing well.

9. Don't spend every night picking up chicks. 2 nights a week at max.

10. Always keep doing. Guy who plays basketball 30 minutes a day > Guy who reads about basketball 10 hours a day.

11. Don't drink/do drugs if there are no girls. Waste of health/money.
>>
>>17232494
>Find a real mentor

Where can I find someone like this? Not just money because I'm not that interested in becoming rich. Just financial stability to fund my artistic pursuits. Something like a life coach.
>>
>>17232522
Let's use the example of finding a mentor for picking up women.

First, actually put yourself through it. Go pick up 100 women. A real mentor will only help someone who helps themselves. Someone who puts themselves through the pain. Only ask for help when you've exhausted everything you can do yourself.

2. Find established people who are skilled in the field through any means (LinkedIn, Blogs, Youtube, cold calling/e-mailing, local meetups, etc.). Contact them. You should hopefully bring something in return for their tutelage, whether being money (hiring) or simply enthusiasm. When you contact them, explain all the work you've been doing, and then tell them your troubles. Once again, they will help people who help themselves.

3. Filter possible mentors by asking yourself/them these questions.
a. Did they have life harder than you? Don't get game advice from a 10/10 male model.
b. Since you should be relatively knowledgeable, ask them some simple questions to see if they're fake. Lower expectations, over-deliver.
c. Are they consistently helpful? You don't want an emotionally unstable mentor.

4. Don't waste their time. Don't be surprised when they leave if you try the same failed routine on girls after they have explained the correct way. Don't expect them to enjoy it when you ask for their advice and you don't take it.

5. Pay them back. Even small things are nice.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmvhCWvHk3-SJqljh5cCm8A

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXLesGEfmyhxqOjoAqhRwhA

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/
>>
38 male. Certifiable oldfag. Been through the meat grinder n back. Forensic data investigator and social media consultant

1) have realistic goals
2) know yourself
3) develop your passions and talents into marketable skills. If you can make a thing, you can sell that thing to someone
4) prenup. Always. Never make joint accounts. If you must, do so only for bills and only put what you must in it.
5) do your best to stay out of debt.
6) learn fucking auto repair. There's no excuse not to and you'll save money
7) always be learning something
8) never think you lack experiance. You can make the experiance happen given time.
9) learn a transferable skill asap. My defacto answer to this one is learn the shit out of ms office, quickbooks for business, computer networking, the basics of computer security, and social media marketing campaigns. Any underaged faggot can become a solid user in a year.
10) be kind when it's warranted. Be unkind when being kind is no longer an option
11) keep yourself healthy. You will save money on food a d healthcare this way
12) learn to accessorize your wardrobe.
13) take a public speaking course. Learn how to speak with clarity, projection, and authority
14) no jailbait. No matter what. There is always a price and sweet soft velvety vulva is not an equal trade for losing your reputation and livelyhood.
15) try not to dwell on hateful things or on the past. They're both mental traps and will hold you back
16) enjoy alcohol in moderation. My rule is enjoy the expensive shit because it comes in small containers and costs too much to drink regularly
17) do your best to stay away from drugs. Even weed. I dabbled for 2 years with weed and hash. My short term memory went to shit for a while. Never a good thing when you're someone who deals with numbers
18) learn how to fight. Learn how to take a beating.
19) don't date women you find in bars. Ever.
20) remember please, thank you, and holding the door for others regardless of age
>>
>>17232719
>Forensic data investigator
question, how do you know if the criminal justice field is good for you? I'm studying cj but i don't know what i'm good at yet.
>>
>>17232828
Fell into it after a few years as an emt aND then as a medical analyst. Cj is a broad field. Get some real world work in and dable a bit, you'll find what you liked.

For what it's worth, I've always hated computer analytics, but found an odd passion for the stuff I do.
>>
bumperino, this is some top-tier shit.
>>
File: Parfumes and shit.jpg (508 KB, 903x3725) Image search: [Google]
Parfumes and shit.jpg
508 KB, 903x3725
>>
>>17229581
Not OP. I like advice no 4
>>
4 grams of fish oil per day

Don't buy cheap shitty fish oil unless you're literally suicidal
>>
I'm back guys (I'm the anon from >>17230876 ) Sorry i took so long. I'm gonna dump what I've saved over my time on 4chan. Hopefully it helps you guys out. Also help out if you can you never know who needs this kind of information.
>>
>>17233165
Thanks mate we got scared you were not coming back
>>
File: Existentialism.jpg (526 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
Existentialism.jpg
526 KB, 2048x1366
28 year old here.
I was homeless twice.

Basically, Plan B for anything can work for a little while and then fail.
You need a plan C through F.

Don't fail if you can avoid it.
People will turn on you.
Don't trust people who drink excessively.
>>
>>17229581
Very useful advice, thanks anon
>>
File: :fit:girl help.png (863 KB, 786x698) Image search: [Google]
:fit:girl help.png
863 KB, 786x698
>>
>>17229537

I can't tell if that advice is real or a parody. Some of it is just downright false (a freezer does not "kill" bacteria), and a lot of it is plain retarded.
>>
File: 1457292202871.jpg (69 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1457292202871.jpg
69 KB, 640x640
>>17233187
Here.
If anyone is reading.

-Don't associate people who are rude to waiters or staff.

-Travel. Even if its to a town you've never been before, life was not meant to be lived in one place.

-Paranoia can save your life.

-Some people are not worth listening to in any capacity. You'll know them when you see them.

-People will use you. You will have to use people. That's life. Don't use people too hard or it will end bad for you.

-You regret things you didn't do more then the things you did... Often times anyways.

-Make a change jar. That shit adds up.

-If you are in charge of 10 people and all of them like you. You're doing something wrong.

-Learn to drink loose leaf tea. It's a good taste once you understand it.
>>
I'm having trouble uploading my images. I tried resizing them but then they become too out of focus to be read by anyone. But still I want to help out. I tried to resize the image so you guys could at least reverse google image search it but 4chan wont let me upload.Yes I'm a new fag (been lurking for over a year and a half but never posted) but i still want to help.
>>
Hey guys Its me again (I'm the anon from >>17230876 ). I just looked over all my shit and figure its gonna take too much time for me to dump all my shit so instead so instead i'll just post links to all the websites that have my shit. (I'm gonna throw some random websites in there as well because why the fuck not)

http://info.stylee32.net/index.php?dir=instaoldfagkit/infographics/&sort=size&order=asc

http://www.intern3ts.com/general/information/

https://www.reddit.com/r/EngineeringStudents/comments/3v0ayj/my_internship_interview_adviceguide_or_how_i/

https://murdercube.com/files/Infographics/

http://imgur.com/rWQiLNZ

http://imgur.com/a/GC0q0/layout/undefined

http://www.lifecoachspotter.com/how-to-be-confident/

http://howtogrowthefuckup.com/post/87238065412/how-to-grow-the-fuck-up-guides-to-life

http://imgur.com/gallery/RLKixQW
>>
Any inspiring YouTube channels you guys can recommend me? Or channels with good advice?

Something like https://www.youtube.com/user/schooloflifechannel
>>
File: 1372444809841.png (404 KB, 1873x1713) Image search: [Google]
1372444809841.png
404 KB, 1873x1713
>>
File: alphasteps.png (315 KB, 1265x2300) Image search: [Google]
alphasteps.png
315 KB, 1265x2300
>>
File: 586345324121.jpg (883 KB, 2155x1361) Image search: [Google]
586345324121.jpg
883 KB, 2155x1361
>>
>>17232848
Thanks. I want to do some probation but i need apparently a degree in psychology and i don't want to go to school anymore. I was also thinking counseling as well.
>>
>>17232719
>try not to dwell on hateful things or on the past
I dunno man; I often go to the worst parts of my past to remind myself that I'm capable, and it helps to keep me motivated.
>>
File: howtogetlaid.jpg (1 MB, 925x3026) Image search: [Google]
howtogetlaid.jpg
1 MB, 925x3026
>>
19 y/o here.I won't be giving any advice I just wanted to thank all of you who shared information.
>>
Anyone else have things to share?
>>
>>17233959
I think you are both right. What you are talking about is healthy, not exactly dwelling. When people dwell in the past, they leave the present. I think remembering your victories and defeats is important, but once you get motivated from them then you move on. Don't take anything else away from them other than motivation or advice.
>>
File: brain workout.jpg (2 MB, 3296x2840) Image search: [Google]
brain workout.jpg
2 MB, 3296x2840
>>
File: 7 advices.png (86 KB, 1366x883) Image search: [Google]
7 advices.png
86 KB, 1366x883
>>
>>17229537
Some of those are really idealistic
>>
File: 1408815221718.jpg (276 KB, 800x1149) Image search: [Google]
1408815221718.jpg
276 KB, 800x1149
>>
>>17232719
Don't underestimate number 6.
Basic car knowledge and repairs will save you literally hundreds of dollars every year. Even just basic things like oil/filter change and brake change can be done very simply. There are so many tutorials on youtube, even a simple search can find issues and save you hundreds of dollars at the mechanic.
>>
File: 1457942329741.jpg (322 KB, 1226x1339) Image search: [Google]
1457942329741.jpg
322 KB, 1226x1339
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.