[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get friends/ people to like me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 256x317) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 256x317
So far the people I'm around makes me feel like I am shit that will never be anything but an anti-social moron.

Whatever I do to change, they view it as raising the bar for the highly functioning retard, throw me under the bus for two chuckles and continue with their day.

Recently I open myself to other shit like listening to different genres of music(acid jazz, instrumentals ect).

Still getting earshot of their shit talk. "He thinks music will change shit about him."

Listen, I don't actively pursue these people showing anything I do. They usually come around just to see what I am up to. Usually to mock me or something.

I experienced this a lot at the job as well, people only look to criticize, not make friends.

This really gave me a bitter heart toward people, but my social life is at stake.

Thoughts?
>>
The way to be liked is to be vulnerable. Be yourself, show what you're about. People who like the sort of person you are will notice, and there are people who like every kind of person.

Truths about you lose value as weapons against you if you distribute them freely. If showing your colours gets you thrown under the bus by pricks sometimes, that teaches you who the pricks are.

Ignore shit talk for what it is. Only the insecure need to pick on someone—it's such a difficult way of finding entertainment that they must not have much else in their life. That kind of person is invariably unproductive to hang around anyway. You won't learn anything from them. Kill them with kindness. There's no need to feel bad about someone else not yet enlightened.
>>
>>17235814
Have you tried not being a huge faggot? It seems to me that you are, in fact, a huge faggot.
>>
>>17235886
It really is difficult to understand this concept, but at the same time I really never challenged myself this way.

I kinda fooled myself to wait til I met more normal people, but really just people no matter how long I waited and it's been a long wait.

Killing with kindness makes me feel like I'm being made an ass of in the end, but see your point that it won't make me bitter like it currently did.

I'll keep this in mind. To be honest I was given coping skills for this exact subject and completely abandoned them because they didn't feel like they were working.
>>
>>17235901
I am not a bundle of sticks, but I could do something with them if you give them to me. It's a life-lemons thing.
>>
>>17235921
I feel you.

In the end, the greatest battle happens in your mind. If you can become fully comfortable with who you are, insults will bounce off you like nothing, and showing who you are becomes automatic in everything you do.

Best of luck. Your thoughts show a productive nature.
>>
>>17235925
Oh wow you're so clever OP! xD epic win lol! Chug some bleach.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.