[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ow do i know if i actually have ADHD or not, all i know is that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (245 KB, 1000x1502) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245 KB, 1000x1502
ow do i know if i actually have ADHD or not, all i know is that in the past i was brought to some private clinic to some psychiatrist who gave me some bullshit test to "not click the spacebar when the X appears on the screen, but click it when you see any other letters", I had a not too substantial anomaly for impulsiveness.

But that's not important, they gave me Ritalin and Concerta and charged me premiums for the drugs and even the consultations itself, I feel like they're jewing me, but i'm not sure. I find it hard to focus on a task for a long time, as in I can't do it for long periods, I'm torn between whether it is due to my bad mental endurance or just my perceived ADHD. I don't want to resort to taking drugs, so far, i'm one of the more high performing students in my course, but i feel i'm not at my fullest potential yet, i know i can perform better, I'm one of those people that likes to dream big.

So the bottomline is, do i have ADHD or not? Is it due to my personal weakness in brain endurance or is it just due to the fact that i have ADHD, because sometimes when I study, my brain tends to drift. There is no strong focus. Thanks a lot, bros.
please help a fellow anon out, i want to be able to advance and perform better than i currently can.
>>
>>17230314
I was diagnosed with inattentive ADD about 2 years ago. The medication made me really anxious and hyper-focused but did nothing else for me so I quit taking it and my life was so much better for it. If you feel like the medication does not help, then quit buying it.

I had to take the same test that you did, and I saw no purpose in taking it and quit giving a shit because it's nothing but mind-numbing, monotonous bullshit.

Do you have ADHD? Probably. The irony behind this post is that I'm simply sharing my perspective, which happens to characterize the symptoms of ADD.

Is having ADD/ADHD such a bad thing? If you are able to function and perform well in life then it isn't very much of an inhibitor, is it?
>>
>>17230314
See a real doctor
>>
I've always suspected myself to have some form of autism, my mom first brought it up, and I've always been extremely socially awkward.

I feel like such a pussy bitch though for seeing a doctor about a mental issue, though.

I feel like it's not something uncommon, or something that human's shouldn't be able to work through, and function for themselves with.

I function well, I had a job that pays well, and despite the daily struggles I like to think are worse for me than anyone else, I'm sure I live a normal life today, and hide my symptoms well.
>>
>>17230435
But did it go well without it? Because it's been like years, i'm not sure if i'll be better off with it, at that point i remembered I was suffering while i was on it, i became as dead as a zombie and hate no appetite at all
>>
Have you had any difficulty to read a book that you like ? Or to focus while watching a movie that you like ? If so, you may have it. That's the questions I was asked and I replied 'no' and therefore was not diagnosed with it.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.