[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some advice guys. I am a female getting married in September,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
I need some advice guys.

I am a female getting married in September, we chose to have a destination wedding because it is cheaper and also because I have a bad anxiety disorder and my fiance family is around 300 people; we both would not be able to handle that.

His family have been making a big deal about the fact we are not getting married locally and we said we understand if you can not come we are having a party for everyone in July.

I sent out the wedding invitation and his family are just responding now when they got them over a month ago. All of them are saying they are not going to local party we are hosting for them in July because we are getting married not locally like they want so they want nothing to do with us. My fiance does not know that they are all doing this I am very worried. He already said if none of his family came to the party that he would be very angry. Even his close cousins are not coming.

My family loves him and he is a part of the family but I think he will feel awkward if none of his family come.

What can I do to make him feel better about the situation? I am so angry that his family are being so inconsiderate to him. We never wanted money or gifts we just wanted them to come to the party that is why we were having it in the first place.

Can I get some male Anons in this thread to help brainstorm some ideas to make the party really fun for my fiance so that he will not be focused on it the whole night?

I was thinking of hiring someone who has turtles to come and let my fiance hangout with them the night because it is his favorite animal and he freaks out over turtles.
>>
>>17230246
>buthurt family
>emotial blackmailing
>wow

Tell his father and mother that emotional blackmailing isn't good choise. They most likely won't compromise, but at least you tried.

Also telling your future man this is better sooner than later.

>make party fun
Usually a lot of free alcohol help.
>>
The family is upset because they wanted him to have a "traditional" marriage and now they feel deprived. Marriage is not just for the couple, it's to show the family it's going to be you and him. The marriage is also for the family, that's why it's inconsiderate to marry abroad.

Turtles? That's quirky, you should totally do it.
>>
>>17230366
My problem is I have a medical conditions though I would not be able to handle having that many people around me. I know at a party it would be close family and friends if it was a local wedding everyone would end up showing that is just cousins of cousins. The place we picked was not far and it was cheap and very relaxing that is what we wanted our wedding to be relaxing.

Thank you :) I thought the turtle idea may be good.

>>17230361
I have talked to his parents about it in the past they always corner me in situations where they know my medical conditions will act up so that I am at a disadvantage. My fiance is nothing like his family. I just feel bad that my fiance has to deal with this stuff. He is training to be an airplane mechanic for the airforce and that is why I have avoided telling him for now because he already has a lot of stress with lots of tests. I also feel like if I told him right now that I would blow up because how much his family are trying to push me over the edge and my fiance does not need that right now. I am just calming myself down and when it is brought up the party by him I will tell him in a way that will not upset them, just say that they are unable to come.
>>
Golly gee a large family doesn't want to pay all the shit associated with destination weddings. What a surprise!

His family is still being childish and vindictive for not going to the local thing.

Also why the fuck have you not told your fiance about this yet?
>>
>>17230401
I was actually paying for the hotel rooms and it is during a long weekend. The only thing they needed to pay for was flight and it would of only cost them around 200 dollars for the flight. Everything else was paid for, we said we did not want any gifts we just wanted them to come and that is it.

My fiance is training to be an airplane mechanic in the airforce and it is very stressful I do not want to put his family not being nice on him when he already stressed out enough.
>>
>>17230401
>Also why the fuck have you not told your fiance about this yet?

Hm yeah that's a bit odd, doesn't he get mail?

>>17230395

Oh I see. They should go to the party though, life is too short to act like that.
>>
He needs to know because he's the one who needs to talk to them. If he doesn't want to talk to them about this, I have some news for you, honey.

But seriously, do this as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more stress you're going to cause him. Trust me on this.
>>
>>17230418
They never responded by mail they emailed.

Yeah I do not see why they would not come I am buying lots of alcohol and catering and they were told not to bring anything just to just come.

>>17230420
He has tests this week I am not sure if a good idea right now. It will just make him really angry that they are doing this.
>>
>>17230444

Tell him after the tests
>>
>>17230479
Will do thank you Anon
>>
>>17230395

>Medical Conditions
>I can't have many people around me.

That's not a medical condition. That's just an unwillingness to learn how to socialize.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.