[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People don't care about me when they can't see me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1464361163334.png (17 KB, 633x772) Image search: [Google]
1464361163334.png
17 KB, 633x772
People don't care about me when they can't see me.
A part from 3 people and my sister nobody ever engages in anything with me when we are not in the same room. Even when we are, some people act like i don't exist, others ignore me and most acknowledge my existence and a few rare exceptions talk to me.
Why?
>>
>>17228136
Maybe they just don't like you? No, seriously, that might be it. I don't intend to offend you, but that's how life is; people don't always like you.

What you're describing sounds like.. life. There's nothing out of the ordinary, other than you thinking there is.
>>
>>17228152
People who are my friends do that. Obviously they aren't close friends but enjoy my company.
I lose every friend i make because of this.
I have tried to be more proactive and iniciate things but after a while i get burned out; now i just gave up...
I don't understand this, people who are just like me have groups of close friends and yet i'm basically alone.
>>
>>17228182
> People who are my friends do that. Obviously they aren't close friends but enjoy my company.
Well.. fuck 'em. They treat you like that? They're not your friends.

> I lose every friend i make because of this.
There's nothing wrong with not staying friend. I don't, with most of the people I meet, but I still enjoy our time together.

> I have tried to be more proactive and iniciate things but after a while i get burned out; now i just gave up...
Never give up. There are people who will like you for who you are, you just have to meet them.

> I don't understand this, people who are just like me have groups of close friends and yet i'm basically alone.
No one is "just like you". Honestly, we're all unique, in one way or another. Even if we seem similar, at times.
>>
I love my friends and I don't usually call them unless I know they'll pick up asap and are not busy.

Probably you have to engage first.
>>
>apart from 3 people and my sister
Sound like a pretty good number; not everybody has a gorillion friends they talk to 24/7.
>>
>>17228195
They are the only thing i have for human contact which i need, unfortunately. I can't choose.

It's not about people i meet, it' s about people i share my daily life with. I switched schools 2 times and dropped out of college; the people i talked to, everyday, simply faded the moment i was not there anymore.

Hope hurts, anon. I want this cycle to end, hope will only make the wheel spin.

Apparently my uniquiness is being forgettable.

>>17228207
I used to engage but engaging a conversation first with +- 10 people for months is mind draining.
>>
>>17228222
They are not close friends, they just talk to me from time to time. I have no close friends.
>>
>>17228235
> I can't choose.
Sure you can. The other choices just don't seem as comfortable, but you can still choose.

> the people i talked to, everyday, simply faded the moment i was not there anymore.
Oh, I've been there. Don't let it bother you, mate! Life is full of acquaintances, which you just have too see as something great!

> Hope hurts, anon.
So does lack of hope. I'm not really telling you to hope for anything, though. I'm telling you to go change things. Make life how you want it to be!

> Apparently my uniquiness is being forgettable.
A lot of people would kill for that ability. Also, I'm certain you have many memorable features, you just don't see it. We hardly ever see anything but our flaws.
>>
>>17228252
The other choise is social isolation, which would be fine if i could control my need for human contact but i can't.

How can it not bother me knowing that the only thing that makes people ackowledge my existence is my physical presence?
I'm insignificant to the people i thought that they would be with me all my life.

>make life how you want it to be
That doesn't mean anything. Nobody will give a fuck just because i want them to, they'll never be real friends and clearly do 't have the intention to.

Those features don't matter aparently...
>>
>>17228306
> The other choise is social isolation
So.. going out and meeting new people isn't an option?

> How can it not bother me knowing that the only thing that makes people ackowledge my existence is my physical presence?
Doesn't matter. You care too much about something insignificant.

> I'm insignificant to the people i thought that they would be with me all my life.
Few, if any, people will be there, all your life. You need to accept that.

> Nobody will give a fuck just because i want them to
No, they won't. However, there are quite a few people in this world and do you really believe that every single one of them thinks you're insignificant? Most of them don't even **know** you. Get over yourself, mate.
>>
>>17228323
I meet new people and they don't give a fuck about me. That's the whole problem, i can meet 1 million people and it'll mean fuck all.

How the fuck is it insigficant?
I have nobody i can trust, nobody i can go out with, nobody to have a conversation deeper than an elevator chit-chat. I'm alone, how the fuck is this insignificant?

What the fuck does this mean? It made no sense

I'm the only person i have, it' kinda hard getting over myself in this situation. Everything i do revolves around me because there is no one else in my life, except for the eventual talk i have with 3 people that are months apart...
>>
>>17228136
Well sorry to break it to you OP, but from my experience the only people that don't initiate conversations with people they like are the extremely introverted ones.
So unless it's that, it's probably because they're not that fond of you.

I can't exactly give you advice on how to solve your issue, because I don't know how you look, act, nor what your social circles or interests are.
Basically: if you want any actual advice, provide some fucking info about yourself.
>>
>>17228409
I don't think people would talk to me in school and college for years if they didn't like me. A whole circle of friends just being fake to one person for no reason is hard to believe.
I have changed a lot man. This year though, it has been just my mind frying itself...
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.