[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm sure a question like this has been asked a million times
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: ICSY_PosterA_Web_medium.jpg (229 KB, 676x1000) Image search: [Google]
ICSY_PosterA_Web_medium.jpg
229 KB, 676x1000
I'm sure a question like this has been asked a million times before but I want as much insight on this as possible..

A female friend of mine that I've known since I was 3 (she was my only friend in school with a class of only 11 kids) is now single after breaking up with a long term bf. The thing is I recently broke up with my long term gf and we have been hanging out a lot recently and talking about our breakups. I wanna know if there is a 'casual' way to ask her to give us a shot because of these coincidental circumstances. I don't want to come across as if she has been my oneitis for my whole life cause she hasn't been, I just think she's a great person and we know so much about each other that I could see myself learning to perhaps love her one day.

So what's the best approach /adv/

Also sorry for typos or oddly worded sentences I'm on mobile
>>
Anyone?
>>
Just start transitioning into more "date"-like activities, and if it seems like she's still eager to spend time with you, you've probably got a pretty good shot. Watch a movie on the couch and go in for a kiss if there's a good vibe. The usual. Treat her like any other woman.

>I don't want to come across as if she has been my oneitis for my whole life cause she hasn't been

Just put that shit out of your head. That type of thinking can ONLY sabotage you and make you afraid to try. Just make a move normally, don't spill your guts out with some "omg I'm so in love with you" speech, and you'll be fine.
>>
>>17226980
Yeah definitely don't want to come across to strong. I kinda wanted to just ask her where we stand in a really casual way so as to not make our friendship awkward. You think going for a kiss is too much?
>>
>I don't want to come across as if she has been my oneitis for my whole life cause she hasn't been

>I could see myself learning to perhaps love her one day.

Arent you contradicting yourself there?

You dont have any romantic feelings for her but you want to go out with her now that the both of you are single.

If that isnt the case you need to explain how you feel a bit better.

And if I hit the nail on the head, then maybe you shouldn't do anything right now
>>
>>17227005

>You think going for a kiss is too much?

No, I think it's better than having a "where do we stand" conversation, because it would be unexpected and exciting, and girls love that. And even if she isn't interested, a kiss isn't a big enough deal to wreck a friendship.

Just don't be pushy. If she rejects you or just wants to "think about it," handle it smoothly, and you'll be out of that friend-zone in no time.
>>
>>17227011
What I mean to say is I like her on many levels as a person and I could maybe see myself in a serious relationship with her. But mostly itso because we are both single and I don't want to always wonder what if, you know?
>>
>>17227029
Trust me I would like to kiss her but I just feel like I would make it odd, this will sound cringey but what is a good way to do it I'm just really not a spontaneous guy. To be honest I usually wait for the woman to say something and go from there, but I would really like to take your advice just need a way to do it
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.