[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Waiting on a call
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: work-2.gif (17 KB, 1186x949) Image search: [Google]
work-2.gif
17 KB, 1186x949
So the manager who interviewed me for a job on Friday said he would call today. But it sounded like I would only get the call if I was hired.

Is this a common thing, or should they call even if they aren't going to hire me? Would they maybe email me instead?

It's around the time he had called to arrange my interview now, so I think theres still plenty of time for him to call, but I am a bundle of nerves right now.
>>
>>17226137
He hasn't called yet? Are you sure you didn't say anything wrong at the interview? What about your body language?
>>
>>17226198
No, no call yet, but the work day is far from over.

As for the interview, I think it went well, I answered as clearly as I could, was as confident as I could manage, and I did my best to use confident body language (straight back, eye contact where appropriate, firm handshake, smiled, etc.)

I feel I have a decent shot because I have experience working in the same company in another country, so it feels like my biggest downfalls would be my age (I am older than the average employee by now) and the fact that I am not completely fluent in the language (I passed exams and had the proof on hand but he never brought it up. I fumbled on a word or two but for the rest I was very understandable.)

It has been a while since I got to the interview stage (the job market is harsh here, interviews are generally only given to the best candidates) so I am very confused and nervous.

One thing that has me very worried - he didn't ask me many questions. It boiled down to "tell me about yourself" and "what hours could you work". Is that a good or bad sign?
>>
Call and ask about your status tomorrow. Distract yourself in the meantime.

It's not uncommon for a workplace to call you with good news later than they said they would.
>>
>>17226205
This is a good idea, thanks.

And right now distractions are eluding me. I don't want to do anything that might make me miss a phonecall, so it would have to be something quiet.
>>
Ok. Normal work day is coming to a close, I am very anxious about the lack of contact.

Is this normal? (It's 5pm, and when I was first contacted it was 1pm. Technically the shifts can go until 12 tonight but it seems unlikely for anyone to call after 7pm.)

Can I do anything other than call tomorrow?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.