[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your attractive ex still loves you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
How would you react if you ex told you she still loved you after a long time? Need preferred male opinions on this.

>we go out for 2 months
>i take his virginity
>in the first 2 weeks he really likes me and worships my looks etc, is a genuinely nice and sweet dorky guy, not a fuckboy/douchebag
>suddenly makes it clear hes less fond of me
>i ask him if he wants to end it
>hes like yeah. sorry
>apparently he broke up with me because i was rude and teased him about being slim, bad vision and was clingy even though i dont remember it this way
>been in love with him for 2 years
>we met up once a year ago and i told him i was sincerely sorry about my behaviour. he said it was okay and asked to meet up again but never replied when i said i wanted to

thats really all there is to it. I'm thinking about telling him. A few questions for y'all:
Would you still wanna be friends?
Would you be sympathetic/understanding?
Does a girl have more significance if she took your virginity?
How would you respond?

Thanks.
>>
A girl who popped my cherry also cheated on me later so it's hard to relate.

He was the one who wanted to end this right? I am too proud to try something again in such case, even if I were begged to, but I'm a guy and I'm stubborn. Imagine that he probably boosted his confidence once he lost his virginity and wanted to level up, get fuck around and get some prettier girl. Maybe he failed at this job and comes back with his tail down.

You really want to be plan B and emergency goods he takes because found nothing better?
>>
>>17224027
> Would you still wanna be friends?
Normally I would, but the guy didn't reply, even though he said he wanted to meet up. He lied to you and let you down.

> Would you be sympathetic/understanding?
I'm always understanding, but that doesn't mean that I'm forgiving.

> Does a girl have more significance if she took your virginity?
It depends on the situation. I don't personally care, but that's likely because so many things went wrong between us.

> How would you respond?
I'd simply let it go. Even if you do care about him, it might not be worth the hurt you'll be going through. - It's fully up to you, how you respond.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'll hang around for a while, in case you need it.
>>
>>17224049
woah there . a girl who is more attractive than me??? your wit, sir, is legendary!

im just joshin ya but i did won prom queen. im very much out of his league. not to sound up myself or anything. i appreciate ur honesty though dude.
>>
>>17224056
thanks i really appreciate the honesty here.

and when i said how would you respond i meant in his shoes, so i mean would you be nice about it and stuff. would you maybe say "hey its okay we can be friends" cos thats sort of what im hoping for.

its also worth mentioning i saw him holding a sign for mcdonalds in a shitty part of london, and felt sorry for him and gave him some money. i told him to contact me and ofcourse he hasnt.

i mean. i dunno man. dunno how hed react
>>
>>17224074
Then good to hear that, I bet you are.

Still, If my ex comes back and tries anything I tell that you can fuck me over only once. I can't imagine forgiving being put aside, or maybe, I can forgive but I won't trust such one ever again. But that's my thing only, maybe other anons have something better to say,
>>
>>17224098
And he was at least sincere enough to end this before fucking someone else, right? Maybe that puts him in better light.
>>
>>17224102
well thats the thing. hes not well, how should i say, conventionally attractive. i dont wanna be mean about hom and i was certainly never that mean to him! he def overreacted. i dont think hes slept with many girls since me and definately not soon after me. hes really not a player type, kinda shy and sweet.
>>
>>17224089
Oh, I'm sorry that I misunderstood.
I'd definitely be nice about it, as I was the one who requested the breakup. Can't really be mad at you, for not breaking up with me, now can I? - On the other hand, you did mention that he felt you had been mean to him. That might complicate things, a lot.

If I were you, I'd take his not replying as a "no". He does **not** want to be friends, unfortunate as that might be.

No matter how much you care about him, you're not responsible for where he ended up in life. It's really nice of you, to feel sorry for him, but unless he's able to return the love, that you give him, it's simply not worth it.

My suggestion? Hit him up, tell him how you feel, see what happens. You might cry, you might hurt, and you might even regret doing so, but I'd much rather regret something I did, than something I didn't. I would never want to live my life, thinking "what if?". Life is simply too short, to worry about what could've been.
>>
>>17224118
oooohhh its just i really really want to messge him and ask him to meet up because fb feels too cheap especially with something so big. or at least call him if i pop up and he ignores me.

he said "i could never get sick of you" and "i always want you in my life even as a friend" when we were together of course so i just dont know how to feel.

when i saw him in london he seemed really cheerful and happy. when he saw me he spoke almost as if he was happy to see me (impossible as it may seem). i just dont get it. im so incredibly out of his league and i know it.

honestly i want to be friends so its a little less painful to wake up each day.

i have a whole folder of letters ive written to him but never sent because yheyre not good enough.
>>
>>17224118
a side note, i dont mean to sound vain but i rarely meet guys who dont fancy me or make it obvious they like me. like they seem to fall straight away. my ex was like this and i just happened to choose him. again not to be vain or anything. i mean really people consider me like a 10 i suppose, but im a teen so ofc i have bad self esteem and dont see it.
>>
>>17224151
> oooohhh its just i really really want to messge him and ask him to meet up because fb feels too cheap especially with something so big. or at least call him if i pop up and he ignores me.
Do you know where he lives? Just go knock on his door! (Don't be a creep, though.)

> he said "i could never get sick of you" and "i always want you in my life even as a friend" when we were together of course so i just don't know how to feel.
I think it's been like that with all my previous girlfriends, but do you know how many I'm still friends with? One. We were only twelve.

> when i saw him in london he seemed really cheerful and happy. when he saw me he spoke almost as if he was happy to see me (impossible as it may seem). i just dont get it. im so incredibly out of his league and i know it.
I wasn't there, so I can't really say, but might it have been that he was faking it?

> honestly i want to be friends so its a little less painful to wake up each day.
Don't be so sure, that becoming friends will make it less painful. Imagine never being able to be more than friends, even though you genuinely want to. It might be more hurtful than it currently is.

> i have a whole folder of letters ive written to him but never sent because yheyre not good enough.
That's.. a little creepy. Also very, very sweet!
How many are we talking about and why don't you think they're good enough?
>>
>>17224162
Want != like. To be honest, if you're as beautiful as you say, I can only imagine that that's why they want you.

Why did you choose him, specifically?

You don't sound like you suffer from bad self-esteem. Haha
>>
>>17224171
nope dont know where he lives only his old address where his parents live where he works outside the shop he promotes. he told me he lives in a squat

and the letters well theres like 3 but theyre very very long. and being friends has got to be better than this. i cry proper tears a lot about this boy. i mean it consumes me. i only hope he doesnt see me as creepy.

i just really love him. id blind myself if it meant i could hold his hand. it absolutely destroys me that we never talk. i know i should be taking all these hints and i do tend to leave him alone generally and not message him because i dont wanna bother him and care more about how he feels. but im distraught. i just cant take it anymore i just want him in my life in any capacity possible
>>
>>17224181
i chose him because he was genuinely sweet and dorky and he wasnt creepy or weird about the fact he liked me. he was like "yeah im ____ and i fancy you". he was also really funny and i liked how he dressed and his glasses, it gave him character. i mean he is sort of cute to possibly to some people, like hes part greek and has dark brows and tans beautifully in the summer months.
>>
>>17224171
and i dunno why i dot think theyre good enough. nothing is good enough for him. hes such a sweet angel
>>
>>17224204
I'm not dismissing your current positions and feelings, but I have to ask this: How old are you? (You mentioned you were a teen.)

You sound like you really do love him, which only means that you should definitely get in contact. Do it and see what happens! - If he dismisses you, once more, I encourage you to let it be and leave all of this behind you. In such a case, there's nothing more for you do to, no matter how much you want to.
>>
>>17224213
also i think its worth noting that i never done anything thats made him not wanna see me or b friends.

also when he initiated contact after id refused to do so except wishing him a happy birthday and leaving it after he thanked me, after the breakup, and the end i said 'friends?' and he was like 'sure!'.
i have no idea where its gone wrong since that day we met up over the summer.
>>
>>17224223
> id just off myself.
All right, it's time for some tough love.

He is **not** the only boy in the world and he is **not** the only one you'll ever love. It might feel like that, right now, but it's not true. I've been there and I know, for a fact, that it'll get better.

Look at all you're giving him! You've dedicated yourself to him, loving him more than anything else, yet he treats you as if you don't exist? He's **not** worth all of this effort and sacrifice, if he's incapable of reciprocating your affection.

Why would you only feel safe with him? What's "wrong" with the rest of us? Your friends, your family, and even yourself? Why do you **need** him so badly?
>>
>>17224243
well i just wanna say frst thanks for helping me out.

well my family dont give me that much love and im not good at holding onto close friendships and have only a few best friends.

i hear what youre saying i agree with all of it. he is cruel for not messaging me after i asked him to and gave him so much money (about $100 equivalent). i know ill find someone else but im so so picky and used to getting what i want.

the only perso whod help me get over him is this 13 year old in my school but thats too young!!! he should be 14 soon i would hope. but yeah. its tough and i dunno i mean in his position, do you think after knowing how much ive been long suffering, turning to a place like fourchan for advice, u could find it in urself to b friends and maybe hang out like once roughly every two months or something like that.
>>
>>17224257
> well i just wanna say frst thanks for helping me out.
I'm here for you and I'm not going anywhere.

> well my family dont give me that much love and im not good at holding onto close friendships and have only a few best friends.
A few are better than none and even none would be better than only fake ones. I'm not good at holding onto friends either, but that doesn't really matter, 'cause I do have a few and I'm happy about that.

> i know ill find someone else but im so so picky and used to getting what i want.
I'm sorry, but you won't always get what you want, so you might as well get used to it.

> the only perso whod help me get over him is this 13 year old in my school but thats too young!!!
So.. that makes me too old? (22)
Never dismiss anyone who's willing to sacrifice their time for you. They're worth more than you can imagine, as those are the ones who truly care about you.

> do you think after knowing how much ive been long suffering, turning to a place like fourchan for advice, u could find it in urself to b friends and maybe hang out like once roughly every two months or something like that.
No, I don't think that he would want that. He might do, as I don't know him and can't speak on his behalf, but even if he did, it'd be out of pity. Just listen to yourself! What you're asking is for him to pity you. Why would you want him to do that?
>>
>>17224271
i guess im a bit fucked then if he wont pity me. its just super hard. i mean maybe i shouldnt tell him i love him i dunno. i already know he wont be with me i just wanna be part of his life.

and what i forget to mention is that the 13yo ive never even spoken to except to ask his age cos i thought he was hot. i mean hes finer that anything ive ever seen. i told one of his friends i liked him and i do notice him looking at me sometimes but it could be me going crazy or out of disgust cus im a bit older i guess haha.

and thanks i mean ur dedication is really kind. i mean i just wanna know how he might react. its just too painful to bear as i say. he is a sweet guy.

do u think hed let me give him succ once in a while? or is that off the table? i dunno how men think.

thanks for ur time.
>>
>>17224294
> i guess im a bit fucked then if he wont pity me. its just super hard. i mean maybe i shouldnt tell him i love him i dunno. i already know he wont be with me i just wanna be part of his life.
In all honesty, I think you're making things more convoluted than they have to be. Relax a little and see where life takes you.
You have to keep in mind, that you're only 16. Life has hardly begun for you and you're already making it hard on yourself? Don't do that. Be good to yourself, instead!

> i told one of his friends i liked him
All right, so you like this guy. That's good. It means that you're showing an interest in someone other than your ex.

> i just wanna know how he might react.
You'll never know how he reacts, unless you try him. I could tell you how I'd react, but I'm not him. I could tell you how he might react, but I wouldn't know. The only way to know, is telling him how you feel.

> do u think hed let me give him succ once in a while?
Are you sexually frustrated or something?
>>
>>17224323
nah im not sexually frustrated at all i just want him in anyway i can get him. thanks a lot for helping me out but its nearly eleven and i gotta sleep. thanks a bunch though man. night! X
>>
>>17224329
Is there any way we could keep in contact? (If you'd like to.) - I feel bad leaving things as they are.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.