[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yet another girl thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: dawn-dusk.jpg (87 KB, 370x229) Image search: [Google]
dawn-dusk.jpg
87 KB, 370x229
Yay, yet more of this annoying things!
So there's this girl I like (no shit), and I managed to get her number. Issues are: She's leaving the country, don't know when; and the three conversations I've had with her texting have gotten exponentially shorter, like how did I fuck this up so badly kinda short.
I do want to be with her, but I also want to keep being her friend and know how she does when she leaves. So yeah...
Also according to my wonderfull facebook stalking skills her birthday was tomorrow (which I managed to forget!), so any help would be appreciated.
Pic unrelated, I just saw a beautiful dawn today and felt inspired.
>>
Move one you have like 35% with her and you're already mildly irrevelant after speaking less infrequently. Don't you know humans have short attention spans?
>>
>>17223948
*move on
>>
>>17223938
Well, we have no way of knowing what transpired in your texts.

Also, dismiss this "I want to be with her" stuff. She's leaving the country. Even if you two were together, she's going to fuck other dudes.

Admission to a long term relationship is how she gets you to keep giving her attention when there are no dudes around to fuck.

So now that we've put that aside, why do you even want to be her friend? Seriously, think about it. She doesn't even care enough to text you properly. Clearly you don't have that much in common. She's not going to tell you to go away because she likes the attention.

Just drop her and move on to someone who matters - unless she starts offering you spontaneous sex before she leaves.
>>
>>17223957
Same poster - I meant *long distance* not *long term* in the third line.

Long term relationships can still work, just not across vast distances.
>>
>>17223957
I want to keep being her friend because altough the last conversation went to shit, the first two were nice, I was laughing, and I (think) she also enjoyed it. Knowing about her first day in her new country, the nervousness and excitement, the idea of not hearing about it seems so hurtful. Also she is one of the few girls I feel comfortable around, talking with her just feels natural.
>>
I'm also aware of the idiocy that is wanting to be with her, but god fucking damn it there has never been someone I've cared for in this way so much
>>
It's a tough pill to swallow, but you just have to let it go and move on. Sometimes people just aren't that interested in you, and there's nothing you can do to change it. Even if you manage to keep her interested and you start dating, it will not last. If she is losing interest now, what will it be like in a years time?

Getting lead on sucks ass, but you'll be wasting your time if you continue to pursue her.
>>
>>17223938
Text conversations aren't really conversations and tend to get boring. I might be wrong, but it sounds like you've trying to grab her attention through texts because, well, it's easy.

You're down to two paths:
1. She's leaving the country. Both you and her might not be looking to head into a LDR, on (possibly) short notice.

2. The opposite of above, you two connect and you're both willing to compromise. LDR's aren't easy, but they aren't impossible.

If you want her attention, meet up with her, take initiative and talk to her. Texts aren't.

Since it's her birthday and she might be leaving sometime soon, it's the perfect occasion to plan something to do with her? Just don't do it ON her birthday, use it invite her to it, on her birthday, with a little, inexpensive but heartfelt gift?
>>
>>17224203
Woops I miswrote that, her birthday was yesterday, not tomorrow. So yeah guess I'm a bit late for that.
And I'm not even sure what I want, just as long as I can spend more time with her
>>17224165
But it doesn't feel like that, thing is I've previously left this country and when I came back it was her that noticed me, not the other way around. It just doesn't feel like she's leading me on. Or maybe i'm just that dumb
>>
>>17224224
That still gives you an opportunity to make up for it? "I think it was your birthday yesterday, can I make up for missing it, by inviting you to [insert invitation to whatever here]?"

If being with her is what you want, then you *do* know what you want.

I'd say go for it. You might end up falling flat on your face, but take what you can get.
>>
>>17224233
Yet that brings me to another problem: the fact that I've even asked for her number is the farthest i've ever gotten with a girl. I literally have no fucking clue what i've done so far or what the hell I should do.
And knowing I want to be with her only gets me so far, knowing if it's going to be romantic or not feels like something I should know
>>
>>17224262
I feel like I'm ancient compared to you. But, you never really know. It's your ego/insecurity that you're not willing to shatter, but as you get older, you pay less mind to it.
You've gotten her number, job well done with your bravado! Not being sarcastic, your first number is a good place to start.
To be honest, trying to get closer to her will more than often be a bit of fumbling about.

If you want to be with her, arrange it to be just that. I think you'll need to tumble outside of your comfort zone. To do that, think about what she likes, what would make her feel comfortable (this is important, I believe) and ask her out. Don't go to the movies on your first date, because you'll just sit next to her uncomfortably for over an hour. Get to know her, but not over the phone.
The more fun text convos are *after* those dates, and should be used to set a next time and date.

In truth, I think you know this is the next logical step and you need someone to tell you this. If so, I'll be that person :) Go for it, young adventurer!
If she refuses, at least you will have tried and won't need to fret over the fact that you let her go?
Be comfortable with yourself. You'll do fine, even if she says no. you might not believe it or not, but life will pass you plenty of opportunities if you step out into the world.
>>
>>17224286
I just have absolutely no fucking clue where to take her out to, I met her through some stupid school activity, and there aren't anymore for whats left of the year. I know she enjoys partying, yet I'm not exactly the popular guy who goes out all the time. I really have no fucking clue what to do.
And I don't know how that's gonna screw it up in the long term, I still want to remain in contact, even if it's casually, after she leaves the country. I'm fucking stuck and have no clue where to go.
>>
>>17224390
How old are you and can I assume you're from the US?
>>
>>17224404
I'm 18, and actually not from the US, I live in a backwater country called Venezuela. Ironically she's leaving for the US.
Another thing I don't know is how to explain that I know her birthday, I didn't exactly get it through nice means.
I'm sorry for unleashing like this, I really just have no clue what I'm doing
>>
>>17224413
Everyone starts like that, honestly. Good god, how I relish my first crush :)
I'm sorry, I don't know the dating standards, I'm from Western Europe, but don't you have great weather? Go for a walk, have a drink, I assume 18 is the drinking age and walk her home.
Don't worry about unleashing.

Go out, act! If you tell her about her birthday, don't tell her you facebook stalked her, just friend her on facebook already. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, is there?

You only live once, good man.
>>
>>17224419
I already have her on facebook, I've actually known her for a while.
But god damn it, having the guts to ask for it just feel so strange, and it feels like she could get more.
Another (in the near fucking infinite list) thing that I dont know is how willing she is to get in a relationship, I know she broke up with a guy, and they were together for a pretty decent time (something like 2 years), so I dont know how open she is to a relationship.
That, with the fact that she's leaving, makes me feel so unsure about whether this is a huge mistake or not.
>>
>>17224458
I have to iterate what I said earlier, if you take a step back and look at your options, there's two:
- Leaving it be
- Asking her out

Asking her out is uncomfortable, but it's a necessity if you feel like wooing her :)

From my perspective, the fact that you're so befuddled, is confirmation that you're interested. If I were you, I'd pursue it. The greatest things achieved in humanity was by going forward :)

It's pretty late here, so I'm going to sleep, or I'll be wreck at work.

Godspeed young one :) I hope the very best for you!
>>
>>17224472
Dude I don't know who the fuck you are, or where you are or what you look like... But thanks, you've given me a lot to think about
>>
Shameless self bump
>>
Does nobody have any more help or ideas? I really would apreciate all the help I can get.
>>
I got a girls snap the other night and then she texted me that she disnt want a 1 night stand
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.