[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I become smart ??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-06-04-14-41-44--308503110.jpg (9 KB, 221x228) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-04-14-41-44--308503110.jpg
9 KB, 221x228
I feel like everyone around me are way smarter than I am

I know the typical school stuff like math history etc but I am having issues focusing on stuff

Also I just want to be more intellectual and intelligent how ?
>>
>>17223713
Read.
>>
>way smarter
Perhaps not sounding like an adolescent.
>>
>>17223713
Intelligence isn't a think you aquire not is is paticularly measurable.

People who trot around making pseduo-intellectual arsewipes who trot around making textbook statements about Stoic ethnics aren't smart.

Everyone has issue focusing on things that bore them; right now you have acess to the largest libary of information that has ever been devised; simply google something you've wanted to know about and by the end of the hour you will have found something to explain it.

If there is something specific like philosophy to science and mathematics, youtube is your friend.
>>
>>17223713
Exercise
Eat healthy
Stimulate mind, educate yourself, read, solve problems..
Socialize
>>
>>17223713
>I feel like everyone around me are way smarter than I am
Been there. They're not, it just looks that way because you can see inside your own head but not theirs. They don't have a fucking clue.
>>
>>17223713
Read books and travel.

Read books from a library.

Travel like a poor man.
>>
I have the opposite problem, I fucking hate it when people call me smart just because it seems like they're bullshitting me.
>>
>>17224875
Learn not to take it personally. I was consistently the lowest scoring student in my university class, yet just before I left I discovered that apparently I had been considered very smart. It's all about the air you project, not how intelligent you actually are.
>>
>>17224875
Poeple usually massively overrate their own intelligence, and as a result they'll view anyone smarter than them as geniuses.
>>
>>17223713
>smart
learn things, find things to apply it on
>>
Be curious about things and ask questions about things you're interested in.
>>
Step 1: Focus on issues that matter
Step 2: Find what motivates you
Step 3: Dedicate your life to your chosen issue
Step 4: Observe, observe, observe.
>>
Being smart isn't about the horsepower of your brain, but how you apply it to solve your problems.
>>
Change your way of thinking,it isn't what you think that makes you smart,it's how you think it.

I'm not smart btw,I just know things.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.