[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I broke up 6 months ago after a 5 year long relationship. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (31 KB, 559x263) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
31 KB, 559x263
I broke up 6 months ago after a 5 year long relationship. I'm still not even close to being over it yet, but I pretend that I do to everyone else around me. I just want to find someone I can trust, hug them and cry a lot. What the fuck do I do, /adv/? I feel so fucking lonely because even though I have friends and people that care about me, I don't /can't show them what I'm truly feeling.
>>
>>17221630
I know exactly how you feel. A few months ago I got cheated on and dumped on a 4 year relationship. It still haunts me, its all I think about. But I put on a smile and try to make the best of everything. What's important is that you are there for you. But as for your question, I often slip in some pretty 'dark' comments about the way I feel, but in a humorous way that matches the way I'm trying to seem happy. For example, if someone asks me why I'm so happy, I'll say "I'm not, but if I don't pretend to be I'll probably kill myself because I'm alone and miserable!" The response is usually a laugh follows by them sympathizing with me. Its all about your tone, have a positive tone, but say what you feel. You won't get over it by doing this, nothing will magically make you get over it, but this definitely helps me. Make sense?
>>
>>17221630
Make more friends or become closer to current friends. Write a journal of your emotions. Everyone will tell you 5 months is jack shit for the most part.

Exercise as well and improve yourself so you can look back on breaking up from a better place.
>>
you never get over it, you just somehow live with it, make piece with what is

i broke up a 2.5 year long relationship last august, i broke up but its a long story. anyway, i still feel as if it was a few weeks ago, even though a lot of things happened in my life in the meantime.

dont fight that feeling. its the way you are. the more you fight it the more it makes you feel horrible. adapt to it, acknowledge it and be yourself.
>>
Anon, i understand the feeling of loss, and just general confusion, how it just leaves a void in you. Only thing i can say is that you just learn to deal with it and as you grow more as a person you gain insight on things that you should do. I tried to distract myself with as much crap as possible, but the feeling comes back. In the end though you would at least channel that energy towards other things then thinking about the ordeal. The thing is, this stuff is like the weather, there's always going to be rainy days and we can't change it. But there will be a day where the sun will shine again. Stay strong anon, we're here for you.
>>
Came here to say that picture speaks volumes
I left my gf because I would never know that feel and that picture just reminded me of that. Thank you, OP.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.