[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend is really good friends with her ex boyfriend and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: wallhaven-305219.jpg (339 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-305219.jpg
339 KB, 1366x768
My girlfriend is really good friends with her ex boyfriend and they just spent the entire day together going to some event. I trust her but the pride side of me is making me think the worst. How do I bring up that I wasn't really comfortable because I'm afraid he's going to try and make moves on her without sounding like an asshole.

inb4 she's cheating on me.
>>
Has he tried making moves on her after they broke up? I would be uncomfortable only if he's done it before otherwise just trust her
>>
>>17217011
he professed he wanted to get back together with her like a week before we got together, but she shot him down. They dated for a couple of years.

Like i said i trust her, but I don't trust him to not try anything and we never really talked about the prospect of him making moves before she and him left. I don't want to be that guy that flips a shit every time she hangs out with him, but it still bothers me.

Idk am i being selfish? It'd be nice if she acknowledged that it was cool that I don't flip when they hang out but she hasn't. Should i just drop it and not bring it up to her? Will it make me look like an asshole if I do?
>>
c'mon /adv/. I don't really have anyone to talk about this to.
>>
>>17217045
I was in a similar situation. My former girlfriend had this guy friend that would hit on her while we were dating. I constantly told her I felt uncomfortable but she never told him to stop which lead to our break up. Trust her anon, unless SHE has done anything to show you that she is unfaithful, just trust her.
>>
>>17217078
the truth of the matter is she's not over him. Otherwise she wouldn't be out with him. It's that simple.

She may not be having sex with him but basically you're an extra. Your relationship is destined to end whether you destabilise it now or she does in the future.
>>
>>17217103
thanks that sets me at ease. So essentially I should just drop it?
>>17217104
see previous post where i state that he wanted to get back together and she shot him down.
>>
You're going to sound like an asshole, that's just the truth of it. You're going to sound like the jealous, insecure asshole that can't trust her with guy friends. And you know what, that's okay.

I've done the whole 'I don't want to be that guy, I'm secure in my relationship, we're fine, everythings fine. I don't need to get jealous because we're mature adults who care about eachother'. And guess what happened? I was cheated on. And one of the excuses was that apparently I didn't show that I cared enough, I didn't get jealous enough in her eyes.

I'm not saying that's going to be the case in all circumstances, but I truly empathize with the horrible predicaments women can leave us in. I wouldn't say I'm jaded or anything, and I'm still not the type to be overly possessive, but I no longer think hanging out with an ex is appropriate, or spending extended amount of alone time with a guy friend is either. Just because you don't feel comfortable with it, doesn't make you a bad guy even though some people will kind of demonize you for it. Stick to your intuitions as long as it doesn't make you a control freak, and your standards are reasonable enough
>>
>>17217112
Yes drop it. But I do understand where you come from when you say she doesn't acknowledge that you're cool when you don't overreact. Just don't let it get to you unless you feel that she's being suspicious.
>>
Also what kind of event is this OP? Is this an exclusive event for them? Why can't you go with her?
>>
>>17217152
it's comic con. They already booked tickets before we were dating. She actually acted like she didn't want to go but i encouraged her because I knew she'd have fun at it.
>>
>I trust her

famous cuck's last words
>>
>>17217165
Women have friends for three reasons:

Mutual interest in the same goal which they both know one of them has the upper hand in (friendship with other women). Always a case of leader w/ followers.

Outlook for the future in case current situation doesn't fulfill (friendship with men)

Exploitation (friendzone with men, women of the same level of desirability to others - this is a safety net friendship)

If she's not friendzoning this guy, then it's probably #2 and you're not going to last unless she stops hanging out with him after this event (since they had tickets before you two got together)
>>
>>17216980
>inb4 she's cheating on me.

> in denial
>>
>>17216980
>My girlfriend is really good friends with her ex boyfriend
>spent the entire day together going to some event
>I trust her

Are you naive or in denial?
>>
my ex left me for someone else and my attempts to stay together failed. but whenever she's not w him shes with me and we still fuck sleep together and do everything like kiss all the time so that could be the case with you opee
>>
dunno i personally never liked the whole 'friends with ex :)' meme
and i can completely understand why u feel uneasy about this situation
A LOT of guys just arent cool with their girls hanging around guys period let alone an ex bf
just confront her about it and examine her narrative and intentions
plenty of fish in the sea my friend :- )
>>
fuck that shit OP

there is no way I would let my girl hang out with her ex. that's not being insecure; it's fucking principle... she fucked that dude.

I would literally dump any bitch that would give me shit for wanting her not to hang out/talk to her exes.
>>
>>17216980

>friends with her ex boyfriend

Why do you guys put up with this shit? That is a guy she use to have sex with and a person who she still has an emotinal attachment to.
>>
If the guy is more alpha than you then you have something to worry about
>>
>>17217165
She acted uninterested on purpose so that you would compensate and tell her to go.

Don't encourage her again and if she brings up hanging out with him tell her you're uncomfortable. Otherwise she will cheat on you. Sucks OP.
>>
>inb4 she's cheating on me

i dont want to be annoying, but has it ever occurred to you that this might be a possibility?

or that she still feels for him but is a weak person who just needs some kind of an emotional security in her life and she has two guys to pick from? just like most women do

how long was it since she broke up with him and got together with you?

if she is the kind of person that jumps from one guy to another just to feel better about herself, well then, problem is in her, not the guy.
>>
>>17219475
women dont know how to love

they just know how to get something they think they need
>>
>>17222143
>Don't encourage her again and if she brings up hanging out with him tell her you're uncomfortable. Otherwise she will cheat on you.

but if she actually has this intention or need to cheat on him, then she is not worth of being together with.
telling her that you are not comfortable with it will only postpone the shitty things she will do anyway.

OP, if you trust her that is good. it shows that you are a person who believes in people, and you should cherish that.
and if she turns out to be a bitch, just dont regret it. you showed her love and she was not the one to understand it.
if she does, then fine.
you should tell her how you feel about this.
>>
>>17216980
you are an idiot OP. She is cheating on her bf (you call him her ex) with you
>>
She could have him in the friendzone but it's nothing you can control. Anything you say about it will seem needy and insecure and whittle away her attraction for you. If it's that big of a deal then you need to set a boundary and be ready to walk away if she crosses it.
>>
I'm in the same boat OP. my bf is still best friends with his ex and she still has feels for him. I don't know how to handle this either. I don't want to tell him to cut contact, but i don't trust her either. My biggest fear is that he's only still friends with her because he's not over her.
>>
>your gf is still into him
>your gf is retarded
>her ex is manipulative and your gf is retarded
>they probably broke up and decided to just be friends and now he's friendzoned

Pick one. Or more.
>>
Had a very similar problem OP, except the guy wasn't an ex but a "friend"

Found him and told him to avoid any futher interactions with her or I will kick his ass. It worked.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.