[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so hello, its my first time on this board well, its been like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: ithurtstolive.png (22 KB, 234x200) Image search: [Google]
ithurtstolive.png
22 KB, 234x200
so hello, its my first time on this board

well, its been like 1 and half week, since my grandma got "sick"

the thing is, she was most lively 70 yo old i know, and now, after told 1 and half week, she's all apathetic, tired, eating like nothing, lying and sleeping most of the days

its about liver, she have ascites, gets nausea when she eats, she was at hospital 2 times allready for some surveys, and her next visit is 15 june, at this point im scared if she'll be able to even go there

should i go with her to private docter?

how much would this cost? im not rich, also im retarded if we're talking bout hospitals, i have no idea how the whole thing works

i just dont know what to do, to be honest im scared that she might die
>>
>>17221944

first of all, chill.

you're useless if you're trying to make decisions from a place of internalised terror.

the fact is at 70, there is lots of things that can happen that compromise healthy states.

It could be an infection she can't fight without drugs. It could be something less or something more.

your first job is to address the immediate symptoms, and to stay calm.

i can tell you're close, and this is a sucky time to hear it, but the fact is we are all going to die. You could die before her. There's no promises. You need to come to terms with the idea of mortality. And if you haven't thought about it ever until she turned 70, you've got some catching up to do.
>>
You can contact an hospital and ask how much it would cost to have an evaluation before committing to take an appointment. Meanwhile you should write a detailed list of all the symptoms.
>>
>>17221956
i know that everyone dies, but its still different when it is close like this, especially when its sudden
now, at this point im not sure if she'll get to visit doctor on 15 june, cuz she eats like nothing, looking weaker and weaker, more tired each day, maybe im overreacting, but i hope i do
>>
>>17221976
-she don't have apetite
-flatulence
-eating makes her stomach hurt
-belching after eating
-sleepy
-yesterday after eating too much of strawberry compote(which was like 3/4 of glass) with like few boiled strawberries she vomited (for first time )
>>
>>17221944
>its my first time on this board

It's*

Leave now and never come back before it is too late.
>>
If she has swelling in the belly/abdominal area, she may need to have the fluid drained.

If solids and fruit sugars aren't agreeing wth her, try to get her to drink some sort of meal suplimemt shake or drink. Not all in one sitting. Point here is to make sure she has some some kind of caloric intake. There's a drink here in the states called Core. It's a nutrient/meal suppliments drink. The Mayo clinic gives it to people who have a hard time with food for one reason or another.

If her skin becomes yellowish, she starts to have convulsions, or sleeps longer and longer I would take her to the local hospital or clinic asap. The concern here is that there's a problem with her kidneys not functioning properly.
>>
>>17221944
>should i go with her to private docter?
>how much would this cost?
Where do you live? Does your grandmother have health insurance? Is there a national health system? What does she normally do for a doctor?

If she's not eating for more than a day or seems to be in distress I would take her to a hospital immediately.

Where are your parents in this?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.