[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worried about girlfriend /protective
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: leaves.jpg (317 KB, 493x750) Image search: [Google]
leaves.jpg
317 KB, 493x750
So guys, me and girlfriend have been together for over a year, we're both 20 too. We love each other and really care about each other, but I feel like I'm overprotective but I'm not sure. Every week or so she meets up with a girl or two and they stay over each other's house and get drunk. The girl she drinks with is a huge slut too. Whenever my gf goes over her house I get really worried and worked up. I don't think my gf would do anything, but I just get so worried. This girl wants to get drunk with my gf too and go see concerts in NYC, a few hours away, and I told my girl no cause I don't think it's a good idea. Am I being overprotective or just overreacting? My gf has never cheated on me before, she cheated on her last bf in a whole "I was so drunk it was not consensual" way, should i be worried guys? I really love this girl but I just get so worried and upset when she does this stuff. Let me know what you think

Pic unrelated too
>>
>>17221552
I was in a sort of similar situation to you in my last serious relationship. When you worry like this when there really isn't any reason to, it's going to cause static in your relationship.

Think if this were you hanging out at a man whore friends house, you would think that your gf was being ridiculous. Obviously don't ignore blatant signs but from what you said it doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about. Plus you should want your girl to have fun, nothing dries up a pussy faster than insecurity.
>>
>>17221552
>Am I being overprotective or just overreacting?
Not if she cheated on her previous boyfriend by doing exactly what you're wanting to avoid. Drinking at a friend's house for a girl's night? Not bad. Drinking with friends and strangers while away from home? Not really the smartest idea. But you shouldn't have to tell her that, given her past. She should already know it's a bad idea.

>she cheated on her last bf in a whole "I was so drunk it was not consensual" way
She put herself in that position by being irresponsible. If you're worried and she gives you shit about it, the past is bound to repeat itself.
>>
>>17221552
>she cheated on her last bf in a whole "I was so drunk it was not consensual" way
Why would you date someone who thinks that's an acceptable excuse?
>>
Thanks for the quick replies, I told her drinking and going to concerts was a bad idea and she listened to me. I completely agree that she put herself in that position that made it happen. This stuff is causing bumps in our relationship, Im not telling her she can't hangout with anyone but me, but all the people she wants to hang out with are just shtty people. Theres the slut girl, she wanted to hang out with his 40 year old guy who tried to pay her to have sex with him, which she said was "just a joke" after telling me he was serious. I've never been a real overprotective guy, but she makes me feel like one when she'll be like "am I still not allowed ti talk to x? Well why? Can I atleast do this or this?" and she'll say she doesn't have any freedom, but don't you have to make sacrifices for a relationship?
>>
>>17221622
>I've never been a real overprotective guy, but she makes me feel like one when she'll be like "am I still not allowed ti talk to x? Well why? Can I atleast do this or this?" and she'll say she doesn't have any freedom, but don't you have to make sacrifices for a relationship?

She knows why, she just doesn't care. You're also the one sacrificing your sanity in an attempt to get her to make smarter choices. She's still a kid though and wants to play around.
>>
>>17221644
>>17221644
I really think she cares, she's willing to do so much for me I'd be surprised if she didn't care. She is still a kid at heart. I tell her too that we're adults now and you can't be doing high-school shit anymore and that she needs to grow up but she just says that she is grown up. I love her so much and she's such a nice and kind girl, but I just feel like at the end of the day she'll always be a girl, and never a woman unless she changes. Should I tell her that? That she needs she grow up and be an adult? Or is that too pushy?
>>
>>17221666
Telling her isn't going to solve anything or bring about change, it's only going to cause a fight. If she cared, she'd be more understanding instead of guilt tripping you for reasonable concern.

>I just feel like at the end of the day she'll always be a girl, and never a woman unless she changes
She has to want to change and bring it about herself. You can't make her do that.
>>
>>17221683
What's my best course of action then you think? I think if she realizes I'll stay around if she grows up she'll do it, she's really clingy with things. Like, "I wanna see you every day" stuff
>>
>>17221552
She cheated on someone else and so will most likely cheat on you. Cheat on her first so you can always at least just see it as getting even. This is the only way to feel better about this other than fixing your pathetic insecurities and dating someone who wasn't once a cheating slut.
>>
>>17221552
you don't know it now but expecting commitment in a relationship between 20 somethings is folly
>>
>>17222104
I'm not gonna cheat on her just cause she did it over 2 years ago, I'm not gonna play the game of "get even" with her. I'm gonna try to bring up her being childish too much to her and see if maybe she'll do anything. Im just losing my sanity over this boys
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.