[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm terrified of being stuck in a job I hate and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 6547.jpg (45 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
6547.jpg
45 KB, 400x400
I'm terrified of being stuck in a job I hate and I'm struggling to find a dream career. I'm getting close to 30.
>>
just be urself :^)
>>
So long as you're managing your finances correctly, you shouldn't ever get stuck in anything.

As far as dream careers go, who the fuck really knows what they want to do?

Just get out there and do things you haven't done before, learn, and have fun.

Live, man.
>>
Good news: your 20s are vastly overrated. More good news: 30 only seems old to the teenagers that make up the bulk of 4chan's userbase. Play your cards right and you should have a lot of life ahead of you.

As for finding your dream career, sorry bud, but very few people ever get one of those. My advice would be not to waste your life chasing it. At the same time, you shouldn't *hate* your job either. Try to find work you can tolerate that pays a livable wage and accept that no career will ever truly leave you feeling fulfilled. Look for something else to fill that void, be it friends, a partner, a hobby, or whatever. The thing that enriches a life is different for everyone -- just get out there and find your thing, whatever it is.

Don't feel like you have to rush anything. That countdown timer weighing on your mind is a creation of your own fear and anxiety. Chill out. You've got plenty of time.
>>
What's your job
>>
If you haven't found a passion at that age you might as well keep doing what you are doing but invest your money and plan to retire as soon as possible.
>>
>>17218324
I've been living for the past 8 years after being a neet. Nothing has made me feel "I want to do this"
>>
>>17218326
This guy knows what he's talking about. My mom who is in her 50's hated what she did which was like secretary stuff. She got her real estate license and is now very happy. She loves her job and is making more money! It's never too laye
>>
>>17218333
Struggling to get by with a job I hate for 30 years like your mom isn't all that reassuring. I appreciate the effort though (not trying to be sarcastic here).
>>
>>17218337
Point being is you should try different things, heck get your real estate license haha
>>
>>17218331
Of course not, man. Nobody wants to work. What I'm saying is put yourself in a situation where you have more to gain from your job than just financial wealth.

If you don't like it, or you've learned everything you can, then move onto the next job. Eventually you'll gather an idea of what you WOULD like to be doing based off of what you've learned that you like and dislike.

It's certainly better than trying to get a bullseye from 10km when you've only got a single dart.
>>
I switched careers at 30. It's never too late.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.