[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suicide at 23
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 720x482) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 720x482
I've been out of a job for 2 years. My resume isn't the issue and I've paid professionals to help me make it better for the Applicant tracking system. My career center doesn't help me. I couldn't get a job/internship while as a student because I was gravely ill. I've been taking courses and learning new skills but it's all for naught. Coffee invites and lunch invites for networking leaves me cold. I cant deal with this anymore and want to end it all for good. This is a nightmare that doesn't want to end. And I want to end it for good by hanging myself.

What can I write to my parent? Should I make an article/post on LinkedIn describing my troubles, my hate for my university and the people that rejected me (some of which I found out to be discriminatory), and sign off?

I want to leave a note for both my parent and the public to see; to different notes pretty much. The question I'm asking is

What can I write to my parent to let them know I love them but couldn't take it anymore? I got into a fight with my parent and my parent said there was nothing to do.

And what can I write to the public to make sure it goes viral? I don't want a cringe manifesto. I want people to read how hard it was for me, how messed up some of the rejections were, and why I ended up hanging myself
>>
>>17216794
Get a job that doesn't require as much credentials.
>>
>>17216822
I do and I still get turned down
>>
>>17216794

No one will give a fuck if you kill yourself. Except for your family and friends, who you seem to be giving little consideration to. Wanting it to go viral is hilariously misguided, and if that's one of the driving forces behind you wanting to do it you need to seriously reconsider.

People kill themselves every day. Yours will not be special. Even the ones that people are forced to pay attention to like jumping in front of a train are treated as mild annoyances, and only because they interrupt peoples daily lives. The only way you could possibly make it go viral is by championing a noble cause and hoping that your parents will pick up enough pieces of your shattered psyche to make a coherent enough PR campaign for it. Which probably won't happen due to the emotional turmoil they'll go through because of your suicide.

Of course you could make it go viral if you livestream it and post the link here. And no I'm not recommending that you do that. What is the message you want to convey through your suicide? Why not talk to someone here about it?
>>
File: smug_anime_face.png (146 KB, 404x236) Image search: [Google]
smug_anime_face.png
146 KB, 404x236
>>17216836
Or he could just kill a lot of people.
>>
If you're gonna commit suicide, don't. At least take out a loan, buy some weapons, fly to the middle East and kill all the dirty Muslims you can.

If you're gonna die, take some assholes with you and make the world a slightly better place
>>
>>17216794
>I don't want a cringe manifesto.
Too bad. That's what your whinefest is going to be.

You think that the people who didn't hire you are going to feel guilty over their "mistreatment" of you and feel bad? You're fucking dreaming.

You know what I would think? "That's too bad, but yeah, I felt there was something wrong with that guy. Definitely made the right call in not hiring him." Most people are going to consider you to be a weak loser for killing yourself, and whatever cringe shit you write is most likely to make them go from pitying you to thinking good riddance to another whiny asshole.

I mean your whole message here is "I'm entitled to what I want and I'm going to kill myself because it's not being given to me". That's an extreme version of a 4 year old throwing a temper tantrum.
>>
>>17216836
>What is the message you want to convey through your suicide? Why not talk to someone here about it?
To sum it up I lived all my life in emotional and physical pain. I'm not entitled to a job, no one is. But when you bust your ass and get good grades and try your best to pass while juggling being ill and being lower middle class and being of a certain background; only to get rejected everywhere, some for discriminatory reasons and some for being "over qualified" and some for losing a chance against a person who only had a referral to their advantage but doesn't have the proper background/experience/and skills then you get sick of everything. People not responding for an informational interview over coffee sucks, it makes you feel like garbage or a ghost after following up 5+ times over each week and a half

I have no one to talk to. I just want to cease existing, as this problem seems to be going on without any light/hope at the end of the road

>>17216863
>>17216889
Absolutely not, I don't believe in harming others through violence or any physical or nefarious aspect. I've been practicing Buddhism as a teen.
>>
Have you done any volunteering or charity work?

You're too focused on simply getting a job out of nowhere. Meet people, make friends, be personable. When they come across something and they know you're looking, they might tell you about it and maybe even provide you with an in
>>
You honestly just need a friend. Not even a fuckbuddy, just someone to hang out with and do stupid shit or drink with on weekends.
>>
File: ibiza-views.jpg (207 KB, 1600x500) Image search: [Google]
ibiza-views.jpg
207 KB, 1600x500
>>17216794
Make yourself look like a fresh rich motherfucker, go out , get drunk party hard bang a chick or a hooker (same principle) use a condom
And BAM YOULL FEEL MUCH BETTER
also make sure you can hang over next to a pool in the sunshine.

Ow yeah, btw the pic is Ibiza
And yeah, if you really fed up with the world and stopped giing a shit and are prepared to lie n stuff you could actually make a lot of money .
>>
>>17217046
And the good thing is, theyr all over the place, everybody wants friends so start some conversations at places you have interests,
lets say you like camping, go camping and talk to some people there.
Back home, you like drinking? Go to a bar when everyones drunk. Say you just moved here or some shit like that and party along talk about normal shit nstuff you know
>>
>>17216794
Life is not about anything else then you doing what you like and fuck all
Play the game called life and youll be what you need to be
But don't forget, only do as thou wilt!!!
>>
>>17216831
Have you tried KFC, for example? Having and keeping a job is every bit as important on a resume as most other credientials. Which is precisely why I had an interview at KFC today after a lot of rejection.
>>
>>17217040
>Have you done any volunteering or charity work?
To be honest, no. I did briefly but that was for a class and it only lasted a month

>You're too focused on simply getting a job out of nowhere. Meet people, make friends, be personable. When they come across something and they know you're looking, they might tell you about it and maybe even provide you with an in

Where do you recommend I meet people other than volunteering/charity work?
Serious question, I live in NY.

>>17217046
>>17217096
You're both right about the friends aspect. I literally have no friends at all

>>17217115
Overqualified, I begged a person at target and said it was out of his hands. I also noticed a classmate of mine from uni that worked there, he was on the lower end of giving a shit about grades

>>17217108
>>17217088
I'll try, here's to hoping

Thanks /adv/. I'll try to follow your advice. Thanks for responding, no one ever does in the real world
>>
>>17217148
>Where do you recommend I meet people other than volunteering/charity work?
>Serious question, I live in NY.
What are your interests? In a place like New York there's bound to be many nonprofits you can work with. Just google something like, 'animal/homeless shelter volunteering New York' or 'childrens hospital volunteer work New York" and you should find some stuff. Just takes some research to know where to go, that's all.

Seriously. Charity is extremely rewarding and can go a long way to show you just how fortunate you really are to have what you do have.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.