[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Salary increase after annual performance review
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1437327745327.jpg (129 KB, 996x1024) Image search: [Google]
1437327745327.jpg
129 KB, 996x1024
Sup, /adv/.
My first annual review is coming up in a few months and I have been wondering about what would be a reasonable number to suggest.
My first year was 60k pre tax, which is a 2-5k lower than typical starting point in the industry.
I am thinking about asking for 70k and if asked for reasoning mention the lower starting salary and say that I feel that I do my job well.
Is that too much of a jump? Is the reasoning legit?
>>
it doesnt matter if its a big jump or whether the reasoning is legit

do it, they'll probably give you a compromise raise after negotiating.
>>
>>17214004
Have you achieved measurable results?

Will you mention the pre-tax salary was low for the industry?

Have you thundercocked the boss' wife in preparation for cucking his bank account?
>>
>>17214004
This argument alone is probably not sufficient. Your employer likely knows they are paying you below industry average. They are going to ask about what you've done beyond your current job expectations. Then they will want to know the results and why those justify the raise. Also asking for a $10k raise after one year of employment is farfetched. You will be super lucky to get a 5% cost of living salary increase. I have been an engineer for 8 years and manager for 3 years. This seems to be pretty standard practice in the industry.
>>
>>17214023
>Have you achieved measurable results?
Well, yeah, of course. I wasn't just sitting on my ass for a whole year. I feel that I was finishing all my tasks withing pretty decent timeframe.
>Will you mention the pre-tax salary was low for the industry?
That's what I am thinking to do.
>Have you thundercocked the boss' wife in preparation for cucking his bank account?
I don't believe any of them are married. I guess they knew better than falling for the marriage meme.
>>17214014
Makes sense. I figured that it is worth a shot.
>>17214151
>beyond your current job expectations
That's a tricky one. I certainly go above and beyond in some cases but at the end they just kinda tell me that I wasted time on those extra steps so I doubt that really counts. Can you make an example on what you meant by that?
>You will be super lucky to get a 5% cost of living salary increase. I have been an engineer for 8 years and manager for 3 years. This seems to be pretty standard practice in the industry.
Well, shit. I guess I fucked up at the beginning by not negotiating it at start. I was in need for a new job and I was worried that I would be told to kindly fuck off if I would start asking for more because there would be other fresh out students who would gladly take the job.
Also, what kind of engineering do you do? I do electrical and from what I understand salary growth rate is different in different engineering fields.
>>
>>17214200
>Well, yeah, of course. I wasn't just sitting on my ass for a whole year. I feel that I was finishing all my tasks withing pretty decent timeframe.
>I did the bare minimum. Please give me more money.
>>
>>17214207
I just don't like to brag about myself.
I was killing it desu senpai.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.