[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/, this has probably been asked thousands of times before,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_n3gpj6fYe51qzlnd0o1_500.gif (976 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3gpj6fYe51qzlnd0o1_500.gif
976 KB, 500x346
Hey /adv/, this has probably been asked thousands of times before, but how do I reply to a girl I matched with on OKC?

>her: I'm starting college this year
>me: what course are you interested in taking?
>her: engineering.

how can I reply to this without sounding like i'm giving her an interview?

thanks
>>
>>17212406
Say "cool" then talk about yourself and what you do a bit or make an encouraging comment about her choice ir something
She's kind of rude for not giving you a cue to continue the conversation from
>>
>>17212406

you dont. sometimes you gotta suc kit up and not be the perfect conversationalist chad thundercock. it happens. a lot. a lot of the time its cuz they dont like us and are just waiting for an excuse to delete. other times its cuz they simply aren't very good conversationalist themselves.

remember that there is no special combination that will make her like you. you arent a bad hacker for not figuring out what will make her drop trou.

if she says
>engineering
you say
>oh thats cool, I took XX myself. now i do YY and it helped cuz of ZZ. any particular sub field you're looking into for employment?

she will etiher respond with
>particular field of AA or BB
you respond with what you know about those, and also volunteer information about yourself where you can.

or she will say
>no
>not really

that means shes super not interested and you should give up.
>>
Don't say "cool" lol.. Relate to it somehow.
>>
Oh cool, what do you like about Engineering?
I mean, if she doesn't want you to keep asking her questions, she could ask you some questions too. If she doesn't ask you anything, that could be a sign that she's boring.
Or you could volunteer some info about your self, changing the subject (not too drastically though)
>>
>>17212416
>>17212422
>>17212426
>>17212430

Oh god, I've already said cool in reply to her answers twice before... What other words can I use??
>>
>>17212422

Terrible advice. You're going to bore her to death and she'll stop responding.

Say this: "I'm an engineer too! Well, not really... just good with my hands"
>>
>>17212445

you dont. you use an actual reply system like ive worked out to keep the conversation rolling as opposed to interviewing on random different subjects.

>>17212451

>terrible advice
>just make the worlds worse joke ever
>>
>>17212445
Just how hot is she? Cause she sounds boring as fuck mate

Just leave the "cool" and carry on the conversation
>>
>>17212445
There's nothing wrong with the word "cool." It's just meaningless is all, so make sure you use other words too. The actual words don't usually matter nearly as much as the content, and "cool" carries no content at all except "I have read and understood your message."
>>
>>17212454
Nobody is on tinder to talk about school you idiot. Surface conversations like that happen constantly and bore everyone half to death. Girls want to be stimulated, and feel wanted - making stupid flirty jokes is a million times better than giving a shitty job interview through text
>>
"what sort of engineering? My friend/cousin/whatever does ___ engineering and I heard it's ___"

Something like this is best, where it's personal but still related. We can't come up with the perfect answer for you though, since we don't know anything about you
>>
>>17212466

>girls dont get flirted with every five seconds in tinder
>>
>>17212406
>her: I'm starting college this year
>me: what course are you interested in taking?
>her: engineering.
>me: Good engineers are not born, they are pre-fabricated
>her: ?
>>
>>17212473

>not flirting with them is the secret to getting laid

You're the guy that helps her with homework and gossips about classmates before she goes out and fucks some cornball she met on a dating app
>>
This fucking conversation.
It's almost like women are individuals with different tastes and preferences, and some will respond differently than others to any given approach.
>>
>>17212460
hot enough for me to keep trying, she was more active before but I'm worried she may be losing interest in the conversation
>>17212467
I think im going to say this, only way I can relate to engineering at all, thanks
>>
There's no flowchart for these things, unless you want to sound like everyone else.

>engineering.
>unusual choice for a girl

>engineering.
>cool. you must love math

>engineering.
>you look more like a teacher though
>>
>>17212406
Just text her with, "CHOO CHOO" and send a dick pic.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.