[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does it mean if you're in college, and ask people if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
What does it mean if you're in college, and ask people if you can do group assignments with them, and they say no?

So, next semester we will have lots of courses where you're supposed to make group assignments. And these groups are to be formed on our own. I have no friends. So I have to do assignments alone. Which would be great if it wasn't for presentations. Am I supposed to go up in front of everyone alone?

I get the advice that I should ask people and they will say yes. But I do ask them and they say no? Or ignore me. Or say they are full or whatever. What am I doing wrong here? Cause the fault must be with me if they all get along? And the Internet tells me that I can just ask?
>>
>>17212394

if they say no, ask why.

id just do it laone, its okay to present alone.
>>
You then approach the professor who puts together all the lonely losers like you into a group.

Why don't you just fucking make friends?

>>17212401
>id just do it laone, its okay to present alone.
Lots of professors don't allow this, they make things a group presentation for a reason.
>>
>>17212394
Look as someone who's about to graduate with a lot crappier grades than I should've because I did all assignments on my own for the first two years, just ask. People are less intimidating than you think they are and even if they're assholes, you'll never have to see them again after the assignment. And you'll graduate with better grades most likely. We even had people who sent out emails to everyone in the course asking if there was anyone who still needed a partner. Just be helpful and pleasant and you'll then get a reputation for being a good partner.
>>
>>17212410
Not OP but no need to be a bully. Some people have a harder time socially, doesn't give you the right to berate them.
>>
>>17212394

Doing a presentation in a team as awkward as all fuck anyway. The transitions between one speaker and the other are always shit. I've never seen anyone do it well.
>>
>>17212427
I'm berating OP because he realises that he has a problem socially, but isn't doing anything about it. He's resigned himself to be lonely and friendless, instead of actually dealing with it.
>>
>>17212457

I have tried. Some people get bullied and shunned. Not everyone gets accepted if he tries.
>>
>>17212410
Nigga it isn't as simple as just make friends. I've been trying to make friends pretty regularly for two fucking years and it still hasn't panned out. I never had a single friendship through all of kindergarten through 12th grade and I'm almost 21 now but socially stunted. OP could easily have had a similar situation
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.