[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Job interview I have an interview tomorrow for a stocking position
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1462672740432.jpg (81 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1462672740432.jpg
81 KB, 640x1136
Job interview

I have an interview tomorrow for a stocking position at a grocery store. I have no social skills so I am going to need to rehearse what to say.
Does anyone know any commonly asked questions or have any advice? I really need this job.
What do I wear?
How early should I show up?
Do I need to bring anything?
>>
It might be hard- but try and be enthusiastic and smile, no matter if you haven't got any skills or anything if you can across as someone who is enthusiastic and can learn then you have a better chance.
>>
>>17211568
I showed up 10 minutes early. I was asked about previous working experience. Before I went I wrote down a word document detailing things I could say about how my previous experience or personality fits with the job.

Biggest tips would be to look presentable and speak clearly and at an acceptable volume. Look the interviewer in the eye at an acceptable rate, try to appear to be laid back and happy. Eager to learn and eager to please. Sound professional. Be CLEAN and look well kept.

I think most places like that are just looking for someone reliable, who shows up to work and looks good in front of customers, and who can direct them and be polite if they ask questions.

Good luck! Getting a job was the one thing that helped my social skills the most.
>>
Hey I have a job interview too although it's by phone so it's easier on me

anyway go google so common job interview questions. the basics are

>Tell me about yourself
>Tell me about a time when...
>Let's go over your resume

and so on. these are the kind of questions that you should be able to answer quite easily without much thought. none of your answers should go over 2 minutes. Know your resume front to back and practice to yourself. They will defintely ask you questions like

>Tell me about a time when...

So have a story in your head such as when you resolved a problem, worked with a group, or something that you can answer.

Good luck!!!!
>>
>>17211673
>>17211713
>>17211774
Thanks so much
>>
>>17211568

claim you stocked shelves at a food bank for volunteer work.

its enough that you can say 'i have experience' but enough that they will still teach ya the ropes of course.
>>
>>17211568
Good for you OP. I have some advice
Look up commonly asked questions. Maybe do a practice interview online or with a friend/family member. They'll ask about your grades at school, previous jobs, and why you want the job. A line i always uses it that im very enthausatic to work, and that because of that I'll work harder than other applicants. They honestly want to hear the stereotypical shit (hard working, team player, can take orders etc)

Wear a well fitting wear of black trousers, possible even black jeans if theyre smart and your young with a smart white shirt, and a black skinny Tie
Show up EXACTLY 5 minutes early. This is very important
No you dont

Remember, no matter what, this is practive. You'll have a few interviews possibly, each one you fail is fine, youll get a job eventually, and youve made the hard step (trying)

number 1 thing is to appear eager to work
>>
File: 1463655419328.jpg (377 KB, 1070x1599) Image search: [Google]
1463655419328.jpg
377 KB, 1070x1599
>>17211568
That face looks familer
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.