[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not depressed, I just hate my life and myself. Can I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (1 MB, 1442x1433) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1 MB, 1442x1433
I'm not depressed, I just hate my life and myself.
Can I even get help for this? The power to change is ultimately in my hands. I don't know what to do.
>>
>>17211473
Let's start with step one: what don't you like about yourself and your life?
>>
>>17211479
yeah what this guy said, it's the root of your problem.
>>
>>17211479
I'm ugly and uneducated, I hate my job but can't quit, I get so exhausted from work that on my days off I can only sleep.
My stepfather (who I work with) is an alcoholic who hates his life too. My brother is a neet conspiracy theorist who just gets fucked up as much as possible and always let's me know how much I fucked up by rushing into work at 18.
There's also the issue of not knowing what to do with my life, but I haven't thought about it at all.
This is too much exposition, or not enough, but I suck at writing things like this and usually delete them.
>>
>>17211588
Why do you think you're ugly? Fat? Work on slowly changing your diet, and eating more healthy foods. You don't have to work out if you're tired from work all the time, but you've got to start eating better. If you think it's your face, your hair, etc. simply taking care of yourself will make you look loads better. Buy clothes that suit you. Buy nice shoes. Get a hair cut that makes you look good. No one is born attractive. People have to put in the work, even if you don't see it.

Uneducated in what way? Do you have a high school degree? A GED? If you don't know what to do, then maybe you need a bit more life experience before deciding to pursue high education, and spending all the money to do so. What do you enjoy? What seems interesting to you? The more you experience, the more you'll know, so try and put yourself out there and do shit you wouldn't do otherwise. Go hiking. Take a trip through the countryside. Go tour through a major city. Go to that cooking class. Visit the card shop and socialize. Just start doing things so you have a wider pool top discover yourself.

There's nothing wrong with rushing into work, but if you're not happy where you are, you need an endgame. What are you working towards? Do you want to move out? Do you want a degree? What are your goals and ambitions?
>>
>>17211588
>I'm ugly and uneducated, I hate my job but can't quit, I

I'm sure you're wonderful,

you can self educate with books or postal courses

write up a positive resume and look for something you might enjoy working at a bit more, or a change may be just as good

eating fruit and gentle exercise like yoga might give you more energy
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.