[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My job has consumed my life /adv/. I don't even have time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1457635876787.jpg (91 KB, 569x629) Image search: [Google]
1457635876787.jpg
91 KB, 569x629
My job has consumed my life /adv/. I don't even have time for playing games anymore. Can't even go out with friends. The worst part is that the people in there are terrible. There is no single redeeming factor about working in there other than if I don't work I'll die of hunger. I just want to quit so bad but it's the first time I've actually gotten something permanent with health benefits and all.

Still I would like something else. But I've already spent years going job after job to only get Seasonal or temp jobs. Is there any way to apply online for a job that is not as time consuming, I can earn decent cash and I can work from home? I can't take anything temporary or Seasonal since I have bills to pay as well as college.

Could any of you point me in the direction of specific companies I can apply to? I have more than a year of experience in customer service as week in banking, accounting and fraud prevention.

Also could any of you guys share shitty job experiences as well?
>>
>>17211030
It's better to have a job and be productive than to play video games. Believe me.
>>
>>17211133
True. I don't feel ok with being a neet either. But I'd rather have something with a little more balance. This job is making me depressed. My relationship has deteriorated as well because of it. I wish I had something I actually like doing though that would be a bonus I guess. I wouldn't mind a job giving customer service for a company from my home but I have no idea of how it works or where to start.

I already applied to a few places but I'm scared of taking them because I may end up worse off than I am right now.
>>
>>17211291
Btw none of the places have called me back.
>>
>>17211293
Stay with the shit job for now- keep looking and you'll find something eventually. You need to find little ways to keep yourself happy. Smoke weed or something when you get home.
>>
>>17211301
Don't smoke weed. If you find a good new job and they need a drug test you're fucked.
>>
>>17211030
>since I have bills to pay as well as college

Dude, you're going to college. That means at MOST 4 years of bullshit hourly wage work. And that's assuming you just started college. Look dude, I know it sucks, but we all have to do it. We all cope. Your situation is VERY temporary. Anyone can put up with subpar work and coworkers for 4 years or less. You're on your way to a real job via your degree. Dig in and tough it out.

As other anons said, keep your eyes open for good opportunities. But stop getting stuck on these thoughts, because they're not doing anything for you except making you feel as though your situation is awful and hopeless. In the grand scheme of things, it isn't.
>>
I’m “learning” at an internship now, which is a recent start up run by two people. Never met such dumb, condescending and demeaning asshats.

They neglect every rule I was ever thought about my profession at school. They act highly unprofessional, never admit mistakes (constantly blaming others and talking behind their backs) and are constantly in verbal conflict with clients and each other.

I absolutely hate it, but luckily I have 2 months left before I’m done with this hellish place.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.