[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm failing one of my subjects hard (sitting at 30%) and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1422501243233.jpg (183 KB, 800x1141) Image search: [Google]
1422501243233.jpg
183 KB, 800x1141
I'm failing one of my subjects hard (sitting at 30%) and I have an exam tomorrow. I haven't even looked at this subject in about a month or shown up to classes in the last two. Should I show up to the exam and get a fail, or can I just settle for the Unit Incomplete?
I don't think I can pull 70% out of my ass writing in a language I know nothing about.
I feel guilty about it somewhat but also it is probably too late to do anything about it.
>>
I have been in this situation before. I was a 3.8gpa student in college. But when my depression and anxiety finally hit crippling and suicidal levels I didn't go to any classes. I do know though having pulled some grades back outta my ass and not been able to for others. I would say for you it depends how long till the class is over. Have you looked at what you would need to get on all the remaining work and exams and papers and everything to end up with a C in the class? If you do that and its like you will need a 99%—100%+ then sometimes you just have to cut your losses and not go. Use the time to get ready for the class again or do what you need to to feel well.
>>
Take the exam, take the f, take it again next semester and pass.

This was a language course you said? With those you CAN NOT skip classes ever and you need to practice every single day. You really shouldn't be skipping class at all, think about how many thousands of dollars you pay (or more likely your parents pay) just for you to blow it off.
>>
Same guy as the previous reply. Don't very yourself up for not going if you decide to do that or even if you decide to go. If there isn't a way for you to pass it even if you go and get good grades on the rest of the stuff. Then it's only fair for yourself and the professor for you not to go. You got this. Don't let this eat you up. Shit happens and everyone has a bad semester/s/class/time where the foul up their grades. Let's you ew focus and get your self lined up to crush it after!
>>
>>17205608
Yes, since it's a language with entirely short answer responses apart from three extended I don't think I'll be able to cram in 8 hours. I went for the first half of the semester, but the anxiety got me and I didn't attend the last half. The exam is on telling the time, weather, clothes, family, etc. I know basic conversational phrases and that's it. I will need a 70% to pass the unit. I'm averaging 30% on my assessments.

>>17205618
I have no intention to take this class again, nor a language class ever again.
The government is paying for it, not me.
>>
>>17205627
Then fuck it.
>>
>>17205621
Thanks man, I feel like I'm a failure for messing up one of my first units (it's my first semester) but I'll try not to let it eat me up, live and learn right?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.