[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this normal? >be 19 >living with my parents, working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 47jKXjv.jpg (43 KB, 644x535) Image search: [Google]
47jKXjv.jpg
43 KB, 644x535
Is this normal?

>be 19
>living with my parents, working a wage cut job
>pay my own bills and 250 in rent to them
>constantly fighting with my parents, get told nearly everyday how much of a piece of shit I am, how I fuck up everything, etc
>one day my parents told me I'm not a good role model and should stay away from my little brothers
>and how my parents always fight because of me (this one hit me hard)

I don't have the money to move out right now, and I can't deal with this shit. I constantly feel worthless and have no motivation to do things I enjoy like go to the gym and play video games. I figure I'm a man I should be able to handle myself but I've del like this for so fucking long.
>>
>>17204890
the only thing that is not normal is how the parents are insisting that you stay away from your brother, you would have to have done some bad things to have that happen, trust me, I'm 19 too, and in similar position.

but have patience, think of it in a way that your parents are trying to care and look out for you, but they just don't know how to express it right, trying to care for a 19 y/o is frustrating for a parent, no matter what, and they always say things they shouldn't say.

while your dealing with it that, save up your money, find and/or move into better job opportunities, so that when you feel you have to, you can find a place you can move into.

if you are thinking about it, be careful with mortgages and loans, the interest comes from a percent of what you owe for that month, and added onto that month, but as you pay it, the interest will get lower gradually.

hope this helps

Blackraptor out!
>>
>>17204890
Sounds like your dad isn't your true dad and this makes him aggressive towards you.

Have you tried to ask them:
>How would they like you to improve?
>What can you do to make them happier?

Until they give you clear instruction what to do or why are they mad, they shouldn't behave like that. Maybe they see you are starting living their shit lives all over again.
>>
>>17204890
>living with my parents

Are you mentally challenged or what?

I can;t comprehend this. If you are going to pay rent!?!? get your ownfucking place. What kind of terrible people will take money from their child to live in their fucking house!?!?!?
>>
>>17205270
>rent is no less than 600 dollars around here
>that's not including internet, electricity, water, etc
>>
Set yourself a goal of earning more money so that you can move out. Break this goal down into targets, achive each target and you'll succeed in your goal. Surround yourself with people who are supportive and kind.

It sounds like they mad at theyselves and they projecting it onto you. Ask them why they're the way they are, but don't be confrontational and don't start an argument. They may say awful, horrible, vile, untrue and spiteful things to you but always rise above it, you'll be the better person at the end if the day and you'll always be able to hold your head high.
>>
>>17205326
>rent is no less than 600 dollars around here
Not the guy you responded to, but have you considered moving to a different area and taking the bus to work if you don't have a car?
>>
File: 23131214124.jpg (63 KB, 592x492) Image search: [Google]
23131214124.jpg
63 KB, 592x492
>>17204890

>ted cruzumaki
>conservative ninja
>>
>>17204890
Whereabouts do you live? I would have thought you should be able to find a place with that amount, if you don't mind having a couple flatmates.
>>
>>17205326
>rent is no less than 600
No, you are just a pickyt faggot.
>muh bills
Learn to not spend like a retard
idk what is the cost where you live, but here, a solid internet connection is <10$, electricity is 10c / kWh. water is like 1.5$ per m2 (I spend a little over 10m2/month). I realise this shit can vary greatly, but you sound like a needy faggot, so fk u.
>>
>>17208068
>picky faggot
Try finding a habitable place for less than 600 in an area with a high cost of living. You're going to be living in a complete shithole in a horrible neighborhood.

Where do you live, OP?
>>
>>17208092
>habitable
you see this is the problem, I feel that our perceptions of that vary greatly.
Why do you keep throwing that number, you realise there are rooms for rent and then there are 1-5 rooms apartaments!?
In the city that I was a student a decent/good room is 60$ and a old/shitty 5roomer is like 200-300$. Keep in mind that this is the city with the highest taxes for some fucking reason. Also keep in mind that I am talking about Bulgaria.
>>
It's almost normal. The in as influence on your brothers" is a vignettes perhaps but if you're fighting, it makes sense.
Best option is to find 2 grinds and move into a share house, since you said rent is ~$600

Few things.
* save up for bond
* make your friends sign rental contracts as well.
* put everything in writing all the time.
* take photos when you move in
* prepare a budget for yourself. Think of everything, from car to food to haircuts to clothes.
* try and save, even a little.

This is hard work and you'll find you'll be a lot poorer. But you will be independent and "your own man." Welcome to adulthood.
>>
>>17204890
Haha all these kids talking about rent prices that obviously haven't traveled.
I have lived in 3 places that are expensive as fuck no matter what size place you get.
OP that behavior from your parents is normal. Except the last one. And I grew up in an expensive area too so I know how retarded rent prices can get.
What I did was get a big house with 4 other people to help pay the rent. It also ended up being a cool experience because we were all friends and had a lot of parties there.
We became the party house in town for a while.
The obvious down side is trying to find replacements when people move out and getting people to do their share of other work around the house. But I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. Being one of the house owners I got laid a lot.
>>
>>17208225
>hahahah strawman
>facts are not true because I'm autistic
>cry about shitty neighbours, but 4 people in one house SURELY will always work out
>we are the degenerates of the town
>only dowside is that there are responsibilities and we are man-children
>hahah guys
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.