[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unrequited love discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1464602966096.png (1 MB, 1051x1522) Image search: [Google]
1464602966096.png
1 MB, 1051x1522
/adv/, how do you get a girl to like you if she doesn't already?

>2007, junior year of high school
>girl sits down with me at lunch because I always eat alone
>we become best friends
>she calls me her platonic soulmate at times, and I fall deeply in love with her
>I confess my feelings for her in 2008, 2009, 2011, and 2014
>rejected every time because she has no romantic feelings
>January 2015
>complaining about how I feel like a loser living with my parents at almost 26
>she offers to let me live with her at her apartment

I've been her roommate ever since. I plan to ask her out again soon.
>>
>>17204880
>I've been her roommate ever since. I plan to ask her out again soon.
DON'T. DO. THAT. YOU. FUCKING. IDIOT.
Get over her, or find somewhere else and make more futile efforts for a girl who you can't attract.

You don't love her, she is the only girl who ever spoke to you and you think that is love because she is a girl.
If she rejected you, you should have cut ties with her.
If you failed a second time, you should have learned your lesson and gave up on her.
If you are living with you parents at 26, that might be why she isn't interested in you
If you are her tenant, she won't have any interest in you, you are a man child OP, you are the bargaining chip she uses when she meets other guys, it will go something like this:
>chad: who is that guy you are hanging out with sometimes? your brother?
>QT: No! that's anon, he has been my friend since forever!
>chad: orbiter?
>QT: haha yeah, something like that, he has asked me out a few times
>chad: well, how about we date and he gets the message?
>QT: haha ok!
*a few months later*
>chad: You need to get rid of anon
And that's where she makes her demands.

You are a shoulder to cry on at best, she will never show any interest in you, I'm sorry, I dated girls that had guys like you around them, getting rid of you will be "a massive compromise" on her part in exchange for him doing something she wants.

Get your finances in check, join a gym and a hobby club, get your own place and meet other women, she isn't healthy to be around and 8 years of her fucked over your expectations of women.
>>
>>17204935
She's a genuinely good person that cares about me... not all girls are vain, shallow, awful people.
>>
>>17204963
I never said that they were.
What did she say when you creepe- sorry asked her out?
>>
>>17204984
She explained her feelings, started crying, hugged me, and said "I do love you. Don't ever forget that."
She wasn't creeped out. We're best friends.
>>
Sit her down on the couch

"Cand we talk for a few minutes please?"

"It could happen soon though; I like you, I am attracted to you. I told you this over and over. I just cant stand the thought of being with you for so long and then when someone else comes along you will love them in a way I wish you loved me. It is crushing me slowly every day seeing you and knowing you are not mine, and it will be torture then what I just said happens."
>>
>>17204992
>She explained her feelings, started crying, hugged me, and said "I do love you. Don't ever forget that."
Ok then, so why isn't she interested in you?
Does she love you as friends?

What reason does she have not to want to be with you romantically?
>>
>>17205033
Sorry, put this between the 2 lines above:
"How would you feel if I disappeared?"
>>
Cynical /adv/anons strike back, always.

>>17205033
Great movie writing
>>
>>17204935
http://www.marsvenus.com/blog/lauren-gray/ive-fallen-in-love-with-my-best-friend-should-i-risk-everything-and-tell-her
>>
File: turkey.jpg (55 KB, 600x581) Image search: [Google]
turkey.jpg
55 KB, 600x581
>>17204880
ok, I have an idea of the situation your in, so here is what I suggest:

just say that you feel grateful for all of the years that she has let you stay there and you wanted to surprise her with takeout or something like that. you have to start low, and then work your way up with her, and be a really good friend with her before you get too serious, because the problem is she hasn't got to personal know you deep down. this is the initial phase.

next, just try to talk with her more, but not too much, and not at the wrong time/moment, be a little personal, and silly at first, and up from there, ask her for her opinion on things, get personally involved with each other, and don't say anything stupid.

next, is that you want to be the first person you ask to rely and trust on, but not too much and with everything, as you will create a dividing pressure between each other. and when you can, be there to be the first person to rely and trust on every opportunity you get, she will appreciate it as you do it more.

that is what I have so far as help, I will see what other advice I can provide.

hope this helps

black raptor out!
>>
>>17205048
It quite literally always worked for me though.
>>
>>17204935
>>17204935
>>17204935
>>17204935
THIS! A million times this!

The question you should be asking is "how do I forget about a girl who doesn't like me?". Dude, you need to stop doing this to yourself. She will never, ever like you back the way you like her. She will never be in love with you. You need to cut contact with her and move on. Sooner or later she'll get a boyfriend, do you think you'll enjoying listening to him fucking her in the ass in the next room?

>>17204963
I'm sure she cares about you, but only has a friend. What you are doing is a good way to be by yourself for the rest of your life, you need to stop immediately for your own sake.
>>
honestly, op, it sounds like you are infatuated because she is the only girl who gives you attention. begging her to go out with you isn't going to change her mind.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.