[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When should you give up on trying to grow a beard? I'm 20
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
When should you give up on trying to grow a beard? I'm 20 and I'm letting my stubble grow out for the first time. It's a pretty decent length and thickness (haven't shaved in two weeks), only problem is it doesn't really "connect" from the sides to the goatee. What I mean by this is at the intersection of the cheeks and jaw, there's practically no hair growing other than a few strays here and there. The goatee, sides, and moustache all look fine, but I'm not sure if I should keep it going if it doesn't connect. I haven't heard any criticisms about it, but that could just be out of politeness. I can post a picture of need be, but what do you anons think, and anyone dealt with this before?
>>
>>17204417
I'm 32 and mine still doesn't connect. I just keep it short.
>>
SHAVE SHAVE SHAVE. im 17. ive been able to grow a beard since 16. alls you gotta do is have. with a razor, even if there is no hair, if you shave, then it will irritiate the skin and force hair folicles to grow. i had a bald spot on my chin, kept shaving, then it grew in.
>>
>>17204848
it didn't grow in because you shave it, it grew back because you developed. The whole "shaving makes your beard grow thicker" is absolute bullshit. "It irritates the skin and forces hair follicles to grow"? Did you read that in fucking Cosmo or something?

Just googling that will show a plethora of info on why that's false: https://www.google.com/webhp#q=shaving+beard+grow+back+thicker

As for OP, I would recommend going for about a month before you shave so long as it doesn't look obviously terrible. My beard doesn't really "connect" on the cheeks to the goatee like you said until about a month in, as my hair just kind of grows over that spot if it makes sense.
>>
>>17204417
If at first you don't succeed.... wait around 10 years. I'm 33, and I've only been able to properly grow facial hair for the past 5 years or so. It runs in the family - All the men have little to no facial hair in our 20's, but never go bald.

In the meantime, shave, or you'll just look like a 14 y.o. trying to look grownup.
>>
>>17204848
>inb4 banned
cya in a month new friend
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.