[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Posted this earlier but got caught at work and it 404d. Just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: wujY9hG.jpg (21 KB, 599x309) Image search: [Google]
wujY9hG.jpg
21 KB, 599x309
Posted this earlier but got caught at work and it 404d.
Just broke up with gf of 5 years and I'm fucking dreading being single.
I dont get depressed or shit, there's people a lot worse off than me I get that.
I'm so used to my routine and all I can remember about being single is being lonely and going out with mates all the time.
Any tips to keep myself occupied or how to bounce back?
>>
Bit of background:

Was a totally clean breakup, both still friends. Things got stale after a while and we both agreed it would be best to break up.
She's within my extended group of friends (that's how we met) so I'm inevitably going to see her out so I'm glad it's still pleasant, but have no interest in being in a relationship with her.
I work 9-6 but used to see her 2/3 times during the week in the evening and used to be together all weekend (unless either of us went out with work/friends.)
I'm going from being with someone all weekend to being alone. Am I over reacting a tad?
I've got friends and shit and play video games but is been so long since I've been single I genuinely can't remember what is like...
>>
>>17204094
>clean breakup, aka still friends.
have fun with this. imo the worst method to break up. in a few days/weeks/months you will want to have her back b/c the reason why you broke up will be forgotten by you, but not the female partner. at this time she will already have a new dick (bigger then yours).

try to get her back until you or she break up in a big fight (unloyalty is a good reason). you will hate her and get over it much sooner and easier.

or try to find as soon as possible someone else. maybe a fuckfriend if you are good with communications.

sry for you.
good luck surviving this shit..
>>
>>17204267
I'm good with people and my job keeps me busy enough but this was my biggest fear...
We totally lost interest in eachother and desu the only reason I didn't break it off earlier is I was scared of being single.
Is it really that bad?
>>
>>17204300
I also just recently broke up with my boyfriend of 5 years, and yes it's that bad. You think you guys can do it and everything will be all peachy, but eventually things will start to drift back to the routine you used to have with each other (in your head). Emotions will get confusing anf will just cause more stress than it's worth. It's not impossible to stay friends, but usually it doesn't end well for your sanity. You might have lost interest but really it's just better to not contact them at all. Leave it when you don't hate each other yet.
>>
>>17204323
I can avoid her that's not an issue.
What to do with all my spare time!
How did you get over your breakup?
I don't actually feel that shitty at the moment, probably becuase it only happened recently but I'm expecting it to hit me like a tonne of bricks.
>>
>>17204335
I'm not over it yet, mine just happened about a month ago. But what helps distract me is I picked up a new hobby of painting/building furniture to sell and working out. Just improving myself a bit. And yeah, it probably won't hit you until about a week after or so. At least, that's when it hit me. But it gets better, especially if you have a full time job. As for when you're not at work, you could take a class of some kind. Go to the gym, do something out of your usual routine.
>>
>>17204344
I already go gym and play football but I love that haha.
The big plus of breaking up with the gf is that I'll probably go on holiday with my friends.
Do you feel like you'll ever get over it? Is it like someone dying lol? At first you feel like you'll never be able to be happy ever again. But after a while, it heals a little bit and you just have to move on.
>>
>>17204354
Then keep doing what makes you feel better!
That holiday will definitely be a fun time, so at least you have something to look forward to.
And yes, it will get better. It's kind of like someone dying lol but only because they're out of your life when they used to be a large part of it. But yeah you're right it will get better.
>>
>>17204367
Thanks anon.
Is a rebound girl a good idea or not lol? Never thought it was fair on the girl unless I'm pretty clear to her what the arrangement is
>>
>>17204375
That's up to you. I heard hookups kind of help, but personally I think focusing on yourself right now would be better. Rebounds could just cause more drama that you don't need.
>>
File: 2.jpg (99 KB, 908x714) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
99 KB, 908x714
>that feel only was with ex for like 7 months or some shit
>been two years and i still think about her a lot

i think i'd die if i was with someone for 5 years and we broke up
>>
>>17204670
Well seven months in and you are still madly in love. After 5 years more drama has occured and you have probably noticed that your current partner just isn't for you so you are more like friends or broher and sister who have sex occasionally.
>>
>>17204703
Fucking keked at the sister part.
I love you guys sometimes you've honestly helped me a lot and I'm genuinely thankful.
I'm not actually that worried so coming on here worked
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.