[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do u become friends with someone who loves you? I have this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 1334x750
How do u become friends with someone who loves you?
I have this super amazing friend.
We have a strong emotional bond.
He is insanely funny and intellectually stimulating. Widens my views. Makes me grow as a person.

Known him for an year.
He tries to confess.
I know this guy. He is not some dick chasing girls. He is sincere.
I know I should cut him off for a while.
But is it worth it to lose a good friend?
Am I fucked up?
>>
>>17203527

>But is it worth it to lose a good friend?

Your friend is gone. Trying to remain his friend is just going to make him resent the fact that you don't feel the same way about him that he does about you.

Then, sooner or later, you'll get a boyfriend or start seeing someone and little by little he'll get crushed everyday by the fact that you're with someone else and it'll be torture.

Its over. He took a chance in telling you how he felt and it permanently doomed your relationship. Sorry. Shit sucks but it happens.
>>
Tell him that you don't feel the same way! Be very clear with that so he can move on, it's important that he doesn't have any hopes. Tell him that you still want to be friends, if he needs space he will tell you.
>>
>>17203527
I've been on the opposite end of the stick, and can confirm that >>17203559 is true - the dynamics of the relationship you two have will never be the same. While I don't necessarily resent my particular person, I had to lessen contact as not doing so would've kept me from getting over it (it's been two years and it still kind of bugs me desu).

Just curious though, if he's this great and perfect guy and all, why wouldn't you give him a chance?
>>
A heart wants what it wants. I am not sexually nor romantically attracted to him. I do not have a control over it.

Thanks for the advice though.
It is true. Dynamics will not be the same.
>>
File: getout.jpg (27 KB, 540x431) Image search: [Google]
getout.jpg
27 KB, 540x431
Die in a fire.
You want to exploit him for your urge for him to satisfy your emotional needs, but offer nothing in return - expecting him to forcibly suppress his sexual needs towards you, which he has on a subconscious level. He can't control that, and you want him to be inconvenienced at best, or suffer at worst.
>anons consoling you and feeling sorry for you
It's not your fault you relationship is at this phase, but it's your own fault you want to willingly manipulate another person to do something that not only won't benefit them, but might actually cause harm. And all for your own gain.
>>
>>17203682
Con't:
IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.