[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I tell my girlfriend she should start looking for another
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: anotherboyfriend.jpg (80 KB, 432x374) Image search: [Google]
anotherboyfriend.jpg
80 KB, 432x374
How do I tell my girlfriend she should start looking for another boyfriend?

...In addition to me, I mean.
>>
>>17202161
You uhh. . . wanna get cucked? Like, really?
>>
Just here that, that's what i did.
>>
>>17202170

"Get cucked"? What are you, 12?

And yeah, I'd love my girl to have a second guy. I've never really placed much value in monogamy, but while I obviously wouldn't cheat on her (unless she wants me to branch out too), I think that knowing she had another guy in her life would make me feel a lot better. I'm busy and I have a lot of hobbies, and she complains a lot that I'm not there for her when she needs me. She's a bit... clingy. It makes me feel secure, but it also makes me feel like a cult leader, or one of those fucking steroid monkeys who breaks a girl's leg if she even looks at another dude - I want her to feel wanted, but I'm okay with sharing her affection.

I'm also confident that I'm good enough to always be the favorite if I want to be.

>>17202171
Last time I even suggested she might find other guys attractive she nearly cried and thought I was accusing her of cheating. So.
>>
>>17202161
so is this a thing where you get off on her having another bf or a poly thing

like some ppl are hardwired monogamous so she might freak out either way
>>
>>17202196
So you're a cuck then.
You can't bullshit us, a cuck is a cuck.
>>
>>17202196

>"Get cucked?" What are you, 12? I just want my girlfriend to fuck someone else, it's not like that is the literal definition of cuckolding.

Fixed that for you, OP.
>>
>>17202204
So you're 12 then.

>>17202200

I honestly don't know. Maybe I'm chafing under the constant attention and I want some quiet without needing her to feel lonely or neglected. Maybe I'm worried about my health and I don't want her to have her life ruined if I get in an accident and die or something.

...Maybe I'm just not attracted to single women? Actually yeah looking at my track record... There are a LOT of girls I started flirting with, then they dumped their trash boyfriends for me, then I broke up with them later...

I legit don't know, but it feels intuitively like something I want. She just really doesn't seem into it though.
>>
>>17202196
You said that you feel you don't spend enough time with her, and you want her to get another guy so she isn't lonely. If you're not there when she needs you, he will be. You won't be the favorite, he'll be as he'll spend more time with her and she'll eventually dump you.

You're an idiot if you want a polygamous relationship, it always ends as one person liking another more. You'll just be dead weight to her. Either dump her or lover and don't force your perversion on her.
>>
>>17202245
because polyamorous relationships don't exist guys, nobody ever has them
>>
>>17202240
ah i see

i'm poly myself, with a mono [spoiler]boyfriend,[/spoiler] so i'm in a similar boat. there's another qt boy who's also poly and into me, and i'm into him, and my bf is at the very least okay with me having these feelings. i'm not doing anything about it but that's more of a 'hey actually i'm a mess completely outside of romance and i really really want to get my shit together so i don't end up killing myself or something'

but anyways what i've seemed to notice is that people who are monogamous, without a lot of examining personal biases (why would finding more than one person attractive be harmful, especially if my boyfriend is alright with it, etc) are super duper unlikely to go in that boat, and even with it it might not even happen

it's a rough boat op!

also on that 'not attracted to single women' thing: have you by any chance been attracted to couples or is it some intrinsic "she is dating someone else therefore i find her attractive" deal
>>
>>17202251

Have them, yes.
Maintain them for long, not so much.
>>
>>17202271
See, most people don't care if you think someone else is hot. My ex and I would point out hot people all the time.

Dating someone else is a different, as for most people they feel they have to compete with the person their other is dating. That's a shitty feeling.

Personally, I think polygamy is a disgusting primal practice that has no place with modern humans.
>>
>>17202535
It's not a primal practice. Prehistoric humans were largely serial monogamists, sometimes with a touch of polygyny (almost never polyandry), but humans aren't by nature free-loving polyamorists.

Sorry, but the false idea that monogamy / sexual fidelity is an artifact of civilization is one of my particular pet peeves.

That said, I have no issue with what two (or three or four or ...) consenting adults do together, although I've seen quite a few poly relationships fail disastrously and never seen one work out long term, and the fact that OP's girlfriend seems uncomfortable with the idea makes me think that this is going to end very, very badly.
>>
>>17202588
Societies that recognize polygamy as legitimate are barbaric in nature, and has been practiced even just thousands of years ago in many countries across the world.

We can argue forever about the ethics and history of polygamy, but we both agree that this is a bad idea for OP. Seriously OP, just don't do it. It won't make her happy, it's just because you love the idea.
>>
>>17202535
yeah, i try to be sensitive to the fact that he'd feel competition. which is why i haven't done anything about qt boy (who i feel i should specify is like, a close friend of mine) (maybe that makes things worse??)

it's more like if my boyfriend started to see someone else at the same time he was dating me, i'd be pretty happy for him and would want to get to know the other person. the competition feel doesn't seem to be present, even though it would mean less time for me. (a lot of poly things fail because of time, amongst other factors)

he doesn't want something like that though, and i can handle being mono with him if that's what he wants. op's girlfriend also doesn't seem to want it, and it's causing her active distress (my boy just doesn't feel the need to, he never felt like i was accusing him of cheating), which means op might want to stop trying and figure out something else.
>>
>>17202632
If it's a close friend it depends on you and him. Personally I'd feel awkward if my girlfriend had a close friend she talked to often (I'm very competitive). But if he's fine with it, do whatever. Only important thing I guess is to watch what you do him. Doesn't feel like that's be a problem though, sounds like you know yourself.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.