[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know what's going on with me lately. Since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2207x2941) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2207x2941
I don't know what's going on with me lately. Since I lost my job some time ago, I've been spending a lot of time home. If I'm not job hunting, I'm in bed with a feeling I can only describe as a despair that manifests in an almost physical pain that feels like a knot in my chest leading to uneasiness. This feeling makes me feel lonely, so I go out to hang with friends on the weekend but for some reason, once I do hang out with them, all I wanna do is go back home and lie in bed. I don't understand. Why do I wanna go back home and be alone if that's when I feel my most shitty, unfulfilled, and alone?
>>
You're temporarily depressed, you maybe need to vent to someone who cares about you
>>
File: CL_NH_VWcAAczS6.jpg (51 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
CL_NH_VWcAAczS6.jpg
51 KB, 550x412
You're not getting enough pizza. You should eat it at least 3 times a week
>>
>>17201257
This

Going through a similar thing right now. Honestly, the best thing to do is to just try to get out of the house, hang out with friends, and try your best to not think about it. If it comes into your mind, force it out and focus on what's happening in reality around you. When you're alone and can't hang o with anyone, try to do something, anything, that you enjoy. I've noticed any interest in games has waned and playing them only seems to make me more depressed if I do so for long periods of time, especially without friends. Pick up a hobby like drawing, playing an instrument, etc. just something.

It may take awhile, but bit by bit it will help you gain motivation to do shit like job hunting. But if you are only doing that all day everyday, it will start to stress you out.

And don't sleep in really late halfway through the afternoon and shit. Not sure if it's the same for everyone,mount at least for me, if I do that over a period of time, it starts to add to at lonely and depressed feeling.
>>
>>17201290
Thanks for the advice here.

And yes, I have been sleeping in, usually until 3. This just makes me feel like the day is pretty much over, I got nothing done, and I'm off to repeat the cycle over again. Money is running out, so, I'm starting to feel like a bum now.
>>
>>17201323
Yeah that's what I meant. that's pretty much how I feel. Like today I didn't get up until around 2 and I already had that negative feeling in the back of my head and started over thinking shit until I forced myself to stop.

Try to start waking up a bit earlier. It doesn't have to be super early. Start off trying to wake up like an hour earlier everyday until you're waking up at around 10 or something or whatever makes you feel like you're getting a good start on your day.

Sometimes I end up staying up late with friends partying and it fucks over my schedule. You just have to force yourself back onto it afterwards so you don't feel like shit again
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.